Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the windows of the 2015 kia forte koup sx supposed to automatically lower when opening and closing the doors ? I always notice my door window automatically lowering it self when i open and close my door I did not understand why it did that until today . today when I got out of my car and closed the door the door did not close, i tried 3 times to shut the door and i noticed the window did not lower it self luckily on the 4th time i tried to shut the door the window lowered it self and the door closed, i am now worried that i mite have this problem again, has any one else experienced this problem ? what should i do ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
are the windows of the 2015 kia forte koup sx supposed to automatically lower when opening and closing the doors ? I always notice my door window automatically lowering it self when i open and close my door I did not understand why it did that until today . today when I got out of my car and closed the door the door did not close, i tried 3 times to shut the door and i noticed the window did not lower it self luckily on the 4th time i tried to shut the door the window lowered it self and the door closed, i am now worried that i mite have this problem again, has any one else experienced this problem ? what should i do ?
It is supposed to cause it goes up into the weather seal. I've had it happen a couple times. Wait until winter when they freeze and the door don't open. Lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is supposed to cause it goes up into the weather seal. I've had it happen a couple times. Wait until winter when they freeze and the door don't open. Lol
this is a serious issue, the black molding on the inside of my door where the window goes in and out of looks a little damaged from trying to close the door when the window did not automatically lower it self, did you bring your car to the kia dealer to have it fixed ? I'm thinking if I bring my car to them and they don't see this problem happening when I bring it into them they are going to deny that it happened

·
Registered
981 Posts
I really only have had this happen after having the battery disconnected and the door being opened at the same time. Resetting it is usually simple from what I have done, roll the windows down all the way close the doors with someone inside roll windows back up and disconnect the battery again for 5 min and reconnect.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really only have had this happen after having the battery disconnected and the door being opened at the same time. Resetting it is usually simple from what I have done, roll the windows down all the way close the doors with someone inside roll windows back up and disconnect the battery again for 5 min and reconnect.
Dag LOL !! How did you figure all that out ? Serious though its a problem that a new car shouldnt have

·
Registered
257 Posts
this is a serious issue, the black molding on the inside of my door where the window goes in and out of looks a little damaged from trying to close the door when the window did not automatically lower it self, did you bring your car to the kia dealer to have it fixed ? I'm thinking if I bring my car to them and they don't see this problem happening when I bring it into them they are going to deny that it happened
Never taken it to dealer. I use a lot of deicer at the bottom of the window in the winter.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
It's not just the Koup. I have read of others back east about the dodge challenger do the same thing. I have read they say theirs freezes to. They should offer heated door windows for you guys back east!

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's not really an issue if you had the doors open and disc the battery. Because everything resets and the car will be thinking the door is closed when it really isn't. However if you didn't then yes, it is a problem if it happens often

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have this happen about once a week in the winter time. It is annoying but i just plan ahead with hot water or deicer. I don't really see there being a fix at the dealer for this, it's more of a consumer reports issue that should be addressed with Kia Motors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.