Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Your better off buying a turboxs small bov. I don't think the plates worth your $$$. Your going to benefit from a better bov, holds boost better and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got one of plate is working fine and is very louder

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks. It is easy to install? I saw that in the veloster you need to remove the whole front bumper to install it.
You can do it without removing the front bumper, you have to loosen up the stock IC and tilt it forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just purchased my sound bov plate for my Kia Koup SX 2015 it looks as if it's going to be a struggle to get it on. I see you say you have already fitted one without taking the bumper off. Please help me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just purchased my sound bov plate for my Kia Koup SX 2015 it looks as if it's going to be a struggle to get it on. I see you say you have already fitted one without taking the bumper off. Please help me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We use the same engine as the Veloster Turbo. I suggest looking online how it can be installed in the Veloster without removing the bumper and try to repeat the process. But honestly, I haven't Installed it because of the tedious work. On the other hand, as many people said already, you can buy a 2$ chair cap in Home Depot or Lowes and a hose clamp, remove the resirculating air from intake and close it. It just take 5 to 10 minutes, won't invalidate your warranty and you will get the BOV sound you want. It is pretty loud that I can even heard it inside the car in the highway. In quite zones it can be heard outside, and it feels pretty cool, some kids turn their head like "look a turbo car, awesome".

This is the hose you should quickly see when you open the hood.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

This is what you need to do.

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Tread

The rubber cap/chair cap size is 1", some people use it 7/8 but the 1" fits more comfortable. Get a hose clamp from 3/4 to 1 1/2, I don't like too much the original hose clamp that comes from fabric. Once you detach the tube and close the intake it will be instant love in the air.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The way you get to the bov on the veloster is totally different. They have a panel that they takeoff and there is the bov. For us we can swap the bov pretty easy. I will do a write up on how to do it even though I don't have the stock i.c anymore

·
Registered
535 Posts
The way you get to the bov on the veloster is totally different. They have a panel that they takeoff and there is the bov. For us we can swap the bov pretty easy. I will do a write up on how to do it even though I don't have the stock i.c anymore
Please please please do a write up lol My BOV will be here soon and the source material would be great.

Reactions: Forte5
1 - 15 of 15 Posts