Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, wanting some opinions on if Ap1 (1st gen S2000) wheels will fit onto our Forte's without issues.

From what i've researched is they are 16x6.5 for fronts and 16x7.5 rears with +55 offset. I believe our stock offset is +55, no?

I'm looking for some good, lightweight (preferably cheap) wheels that i can rallycross in.

Found a set on the good ol' CL which is why im asking AP1 Honda S2000 Wheels

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think Mazda 3 wheels I got were 16x6.5 with about 50 offset. While the rim would fit just fine, the spokes would not clear the front brake bracket.
Then I got Nissan Altima 16". Same thing, offset I think was 46 or so.

Finally, I ended up with Hyundai Sonata, and those are 42... I am not sure.

Anyway, in short.
While offset on paper will work, spokes are the culprit. Brake bracket protrudes a lot causing clearance issues.
The best thing is to try on site. That's what I was doing.

Reactions: CrazyFritter

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think you there is a way to check if the wheels will fit without actually installing them.

I must only verify at home with OEM wheels, if I get myself into it... since right now it is -16C, while in the garage is barely +2C...

Anyway, here is the plan.
With OEM 18" there is about 5-7 mm clearance between the caliper bracket and the spokes. Hence, if you take a piece of nice, straight, and flat wood (or whatever else) you can put it on the plane of your wheel center (inside, from the hub side) and see what is the clearance between the hub surface plane and the spokes. Then, repeat same experiment with the replacement wheels to verify you get same or more clearance. If less - risky. If more. Good to go.

You can measure, using even a ruler, what is the distance at radius measured from the center of hub to the side of the caliper bracket.

Also, use this to get some idea.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

For new tires you can put 205/55x16 or 205/60x16

Reactions: SXT-GDi5

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks for the ideas. I was just hoping for a clear cut answer, as the wheels are over an hour away and dont want to make the trip if they wont fit.

Nevertheless that website is a good find. thank you

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So measure yours and ask the guy to do the same. Easy peasy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts