Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have some experience with brake rotors so, I've come to ask if people would be interested in a 6th Element Engineered rotor paired up with a nice pad like Hawk or EBC?

Prices would be pretty tame, maybe in the neighborhood of $150/pair front and $110/pair rear for a slightly better OEM rotor and about $200/pair front $125/pair rear for a track ready but street friendly rotor.
We could pair those up with a popular brake pad for a nice kit.

Suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Would be nice . The peanut butter brakes only last a year lol

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I can actually vouch that our brakes are pretty good stock. It's the pads that suck after you over heat them. I have done several canyon runs and even did a road course session on them and heated them so bad you can smell the brakes and I am still on them at 22k miles lol. I will be switching to better rotors and pads soon through my clubs sponsor.

If 6th can make good replacements for this car they would sell for sure!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would it they can put up with my hard braking all the time I would

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hells yeah

·
Registered
981 Posts
Once the stock replacement rotors and pads are complete what about a set of 330 mm rotors and brackets to bolt on a 4 piston caliper (like the one from a Genesis that costs $90). Haven't compared the cylinder volume for hydraulic ratio yet but I could if it was a consideration. You would be the first to offer a big brake kit for $500 lol.

Reactions: 2014:1.6lT

·
Registered
580 Posts
The geni brembo can fit with a bracket ? I though they tried already and failed . 90$ dealer told me way more than that lol . I was going to buy a geni and the tech said get the regular geni not the track because the brembo was ridiculously expensive .
But I think if they did sell a big brake setup through the site it would be awesome ! The stock is good with a minor upgrade but once more power comes to play we may deffinately need something bigger NSSR has a big brake kit front and rear for the cars but it's impossible to get here and the one dealer is always sold out . Wildwood can make a kit for any car as long as the specs are given for what's needed . Most tuners will go with them or a brembo kit ordered and sold through their websites . I personally wouldn't know how to set up a one off custom and leave it to the pros lol . It's too critical a tune for a novice to mess with

·
Registered
981 Posts
The geni brembo can fit with a bracket ? I though they tried already and failed . 90$ dealer told me way more than that lol . I was going to buy a geni and the tech said get the regular geni not the track because the brembo was ridiculously expensive .
But I think if they did sell a big brake setup through the site it would be awesome ! The stock is good with a minor upgrade but once more power comes to play we may deffinately need something bigger NSSR has a big brake kit front and rear for the cars but it's impossible to get here and the one dealer is always sold out . Wildwood can make a kit for any car as long as the specs are given for what's needed . Most tuners will go with them or a brembo kit ordered and sold through their websites . I personally wouldn't know how to set up a one off custom and leave it to the pros lol . It's too critical a tune for a novice to mess with
Not the Brembo, the Genesis sedan comes with an aluminum 4 piston caliper OEM that is stamped KIA Hyundai so more than likely it is used on the K900 also and those can be purchased for $90. When it comes to hydraulics if the ratio is right it doesn't matter if it says Brembo or not.

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds good to me

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow I never thought or knew !! That's pretty awesome !!

·
Registered
468 Posts
i like the idea of you make rotors.. I just think it could be risky. any safety related part is always a gamble no matter how well the part is made.. or how air tight the legal disclaimer is.. I would love to see you corner the market on a top level Full cat back stainless steel exhaust for the Koup and Forte 5.. you would clean up.. or market for our car is a little backwards.. as we are getting fully built blocks and turbo upgrades from the veloster market.. but no one is making a full exhaust.. except jun bl.. and that only fits the koupe. evilla has a race part. with one exhaust tip. . make a Full exhaust duel tipped v bands. a nice bolt on. with a mellow tone. make it happen

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would love to see what you have come up with .. I just would like to see you make a cat back exhaust too..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts