Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Hon has the Cosmos which is also the same for the VT. Youtube search shows TWN Performance also has one but they're selling it for over $250!

Got to pay to play, right?

Let's hear some names though. Besides Cosmos and TWN Performance, are there any other reputable companies that make SS for our cars or are they kind of universal?

To be honest, I don't mind the stock height of the shifter but sometimes shifting it into the desired gear doesn't inspire a lot of confidence so when you're engaged in spirited driving, the possibility of throwing it from third to 2nd when you want 4th is really scary.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Well, I never had any issues with those. The problem I have from time to time is 6th gear... My hand slips many times.

·
Registered
633 Posts
5th is my issue. I find I tend to hit the middle of 3rd and 5th frequently.

Its totally random too.. Some shifts will be smooth as butter, others feel crunchy.

Would a short shifter be of any help?

·
Registered
534 Posts
There is a new cheap option if you are willing to spend some time to modify. Pete on one of the FB groups found this one. The reverse lockout assembly needs to be reversed 180. But here is a pic of the shifter plus the part number on the other pic. Mine was 11 bucks... But 14 to ship it. And I believe it's a genuine B&M shifter made for oems like the one on the Veloster rspec

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts