Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have the Koup 2015 SX with Tech package (no navigation). I'm planning to swap the radio system for an Android Stereo. My goal is to add apps like Torque and have all the information interactive rather than installing gauges. Which radio do you guys recommend? Would it work with the stock rear view camera? How about upgrading to the Forte 2017 radio which allows to add Android Car? How much, in average, will cost installing it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi guys,

I have the Koup 2015 SX with Tech package (no navigation). I'm planning to swap the radio system for an Android Stereo. My goal is to add apps like Torque and have all the information interactive rather than installing gauges. Which radio do you guys recommend? Would it work with the stock rear view camera? How about upgrading to the Forte 2017 radio which allows to add Android Car? How much, in average, will cost installing it? Thanks in advance.
I have been looking at this mod as well as a stop gap project between saving up for more performance mods. I believe kneedmus before he was banned had success with a Chinese brand. If you decide to go with factory, it would be quite expensive being dealership and all. Aftermarket will be much cheaper although the idea of having Android Auto would be cool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking at this mod as well as a stop gap project between saving up for more performance mods. I believe kneedmus before he was banned had success with a Chinese brand. If you decide to go with factory, it would be quite expensive being dealership and all. Aftermarket will be much cheaper although the idea of having Android Auto would be cool.
My concern is how easy is to swap the stuffs. For example, the aftermarket options I've seen comes with with a backup camera. I would like to use the one that my car already has, this is what I'm interested in swapping for the 2017 Forte stereo, which supports Android Auto.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Reactions: 2014Forte5

·
Registered
827 Posts
I"m in the middle of a stereo project and might change directions (no pun intended). Be sure and keep the forum posted with photos and progress and decision making. Stuff ain't cheap to install and upgrade...............

·
Registered
534 Posts
The 17 radio is pinned different from what others have found. Also look up obd2aa if you want torque on radio using Android auto. Also many radios can use the maestro rr that will do some of that as well. I don't recommend Android radios but if you do you can look up head unit reloaded on xda developed by the same guy that does obd2aa and have a nice AA interface with some good options.

P.s. let me know if you have questions as I installed a pioneer 4200 in mine which had nav. Everything works except for the dimmer trigger. It works but with the light switch not the sun load sensor like the rest of my interior. Camera, USB, and I originally had the mic working to

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
The 17 radio is pinned different from what others have found. Also look up obd2aa if you want torque on radio using Android auto. Also many radios can use the maestro rr that will do some of that as well. I don't recommend Android radios but if you do you can look up head unit reloaded on xda developed by the same guy that does obd2aa and have a nice AA interface with some good options.

P.s. let me know if you have questions as I installed a pioneer 4200 in mine which had nav. Everything works except for the dimmer trigger. It works but with the light switch not the sun load sensor like the rest of my interior. Camera, USB, and I originally had the mic working to

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
PM sent.
Thx

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
He wasn't banned he is still able to get on but hasn't.

I have been thinking of going to the android auto but I want all my factory stuff to work with it. I have the uvo with nav and really sucks that mine can't be updated to the new software. Only the soul and optima I think were able to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts