Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Well, for performance wise.. I have the resonator delete, 3" cat-back exhaust, and a filter in place of the stock air box, and I was just wondering why sometimes I get over 7 second 0-60 times? Isn't the stock average like 7 seconds? Is it because I don't do the run while my car is cooler? or because my wheels spin a bit at launch? I feel like this is such an amateur question, but I trust you guys over the rest of the internet. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an automatic. So shouldn't the shifting times be relatively similar?
It's also low 70s out right now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
First off if you have a high flow filter where the stock air box was then that's just simply a sound upgrade. A open filter in the engine bay is sucking up a lot of warm air. If you want to keep it there consider adding a one way resistor to the map sensor on the intake manifold. This car has 2 MAP sensors. The manifold one has a temp sensor that can be manipulated to trick the mapping. From my own testing I've learned this engine is very sensitive to heat. Try installing the stock box again with your other mods you may be surprised! Also make sure eco mode is off and traction control too. I've been running premium fuel for the past 2 months I think that helps a little.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lol I was just throwing the resistor idea out there it would be fun but I'd never do it to my own. I have however spent a lot of time testing the stock air box. Now I don't have access to a dyno but I do have the torq app and now a gds. I was using a simple algorithm to determine horsepower gains via air temperature. As far as temperature the stock box was much more effective at keeping intake temps down especially at idle sitting still. This is comparing to a cone filter on stock tube. I went a step further and put the cone filter on stock tube, inclosed it, and made a snorkel to the grill. This was the most effective way I found to keep temps down at idle and most certainly moving. Itsjustme I'd love to drag race you sometime I feel like my 0 to 60 is compairable ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another note, I tried the 0-60 run after driving in ranges from 55-75 MPH for 30 minutes, so that may be another reason.. I just put the stock box back on until I can get the SRI from 6thElementEngineering. Does the Eco mode really make that much of a difference? I always thought it was just a pretty green light that made you feel good about yourself for wanting to save gas.. haha. But seriously, I thought it only played a role while driving normal, not flooring it. Maybe there's where all my mistakes were. Thanks for all the insight, guys.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dude that would be great is there any halfway legal place to drag a little? I need some leverage to convince my wife into letting me drive 1k miles to race another kia lol.. I have a MT btw and I strongly believe getting into the 5s would be easier with better tires. I sometimes churp them just driving normal lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts