Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to install so e without messing up the airbag sensors? I know the oe have side bags and sensors but I'd like to add some braum seats.

·
Registered
580 Posts
On the VT forum they say it goes into default mode . And the passenger side air bag will no longer work because the scale is removed . So the light that indicates the passenger side airbag in off stays on . It's a 100 lb weight savings and I'm sure there is a way to rig the airbag to stay on all the time . The only risk is in an accident they go off ., but that was to save money to the owner . But in my state your air bags go off the car is totaled :/

·
Registered
458 Posts
On the VT forum they say it goes into default mode . And the passenger side air bag will no longer work because the scale is removed . So the light that indicates the passenger side airbag in off stays on . It's a 100 lb weight savings and I'm sure there is a way to rig the airbag to stay on all the time . The only risk is in an accident they go off ., but that was to save money to the owner . But in my state your air bags go off the car is totaled :/
That's crazy, what state is that? Must be easy to find a lot of spare parts at the junker.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's crazy, what state is that? Must be easy to find a lot of spare parts at the junker.
I'm pretty sure it's the same in my state, al. It's not totaled as far as costing the price of the car to fix it, but totaled as far as requiring a salvage title afterwards if you continue to drive it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts