Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking into mufflers online and I was just wondering what other people are running on their forte. I have a 2017 Forte5 SX. Any Suggestions would be great. I am also toying around with the idea of a res delete. I just want a deeper tone out of the stock exhaust. I find it painfully quiet. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm still running the stock muffler but I did get a new midpipe which deletes the resonator and second cat .
It is MUCH louder than I was expecting. Not loud really (I'm pretty conservative with my 4 banger exhausts). But it gives it a much more aggressive tone.
It now sounds like an aggressively tuned stock hot hatch/sport compact.

At idle if you walk behind it you can't help but notice it but from 20 feet away you don't.
Part throttle sounds reminiscent of other small displacement turbos. (think Fiat 500 Abarth type sound but at a substantially lower volume and no pops/bangs)
Full throttle definitely more aggressive.

Also, it only cost me $100 at a Midas. Of course it now leaks since the exhaust putty/sealer they put on to supplement their shoddy welds has fallen off. Also they gave me 1 extra liter of oil, 11 extra PSI in 1 tire, and 1 tire with an extra weight but hey, thats a pretty decent price for a midpipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts