Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick question for you guys....do I have this catch can plumbed correctly? The top hose is to the outlet on the can..then the bottom hose in the pic is to the inlet and splices into the factory hose with a barb.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah thats correct for the PCV side.

You could shorten the hose running from the PCV to the can though so it doesn't have that "S" shape. I have my can in the same spot, just my hoses are shorter and run along side each other.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats correct for the PCV side.

You could shorten the hose running from the PCV to the can though so it doesn't have that "S" shape. I have my can in the same spot, just my hoses are shorter and run along side each other.
Thank you sir...I was about 90% sure it was right but it's been a long day and wasn't thinking all that clearly. And for the life of me couldn't find the info I was looking for.

Also the hose is just temporary. It was just some old hose I had laying around. I'm going to buy some new fuel line tomorrow. I also need a double barbed fitting as all I had were two threaded barbs that I had to join together with a 3/8 coupler.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
981 Posts
Normally the Inlet would be connected to the PCV and Outlet would be connected to the intake manifold. That way the
oil particles have to go through the separator as it enters the can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts