Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, have anyone on here buy parts from them "845 Motorsports"? I bought some parts from them and its been taken forever. I DM them on Facebook, but seems like they don't really care for there customers?. Been almost 2 months now and my Orders haven't done or ship to me yet.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I never bought anything from them, but when I was in search for tune, I contacted them.
I spoke to Tork and 6th. 845 never responded. I sent at least 2 if not 3 emails. Dead silence.

So 6th earned my business... and now after selling the car I got ECU with tune I need to get rid of. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good to know from you bro. Seems like 845 doesn't really responds to their emails or phone number at all aswell. I leave them 2 message, called them 4 or 5 times never pick up too. They don't seem to care for there customers. Overall, i did got a reply back on there FB Page here and there but they seems to make alot of lies saying they're working on my stuff. Hopefully, i get my parts soon tho. I'll give 6th a try once i need a downpipe and How is 6th there business and shipping are they fast and give you updates on your parts and how is them treating there customers ? What ecu tune your setup is for? Specs? By chance what turbo upgrade can i upgrade to from other cars do you know?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. When I was looking for the tune, 845 seemed to be the best, because I would not have to ship the OEM ECU to them. But they would not really respond at all...

So I went with 6th.
It was "stage 1 tune", whatever that name means.
What I had was KN drop in, HKS 45 spark plugs, and 93 octane. Nothing more.
While lower speeds (0-50 mph) it did not seem like a huge difference (I mean, you could feel it, definitely would spool faster), but above 60 mph OEM would be noticeably weaker, the tuned would keep pulling. Normally, under WOT going from say 50 mph you would see 85 mph in OEM, tuned would be nearing 100 mph. I do not have any true data to support this, but my butt dyno was spot on. lol

While for many years I did not believe people, I admit now, I was wrong - tune is the best thing one can do to Forced Induction engines. Naturally Aspirated do not gain this much, but FI - that is a heck of improvement.
I tried with CAI, tricks with MAP, higher octane - while each would gently tap or just make the car louder, no real life influence on the power.

I had 2016 AT.

No, I did not do anything else to it.
I did not touch turbo at all. I felt it was too much of a hassle. Besides, the car had to be reliable enough for every day and long vacation trips. Tune was what I needed to pump out a few ponies when needed.
Touching turbo felt to me like - why bother? Spend this much money to gain something little? And then not be able to recoup any of that because it is a modified car?
F5 SX was flying comparing to any KIA at that time. Not ultimate, but a sleeper style.

If you want more power, just get a different platform. Go to 2.0 T (Optima or VW). Or just a Golf (it is 1.8 T, but tuned can push more than OEM GTI).

Now I am in BEV and it is awesome 90% of the time.
The 10% is no engine noise (sometimes), less power above 60 mph (feels like weaker F5 SX), and sometimes "range anxiety". But no exhaust smell, always in the right gear/instant torque, everyday full tank - pure fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also love bikes and I enjoy riding my motorcycle off-road. I'm a real fan of trial moto sports. I have been ordering parts for my motorcycle through online stores for a long time and receive my order pretty quickly. I'm currently looking for a way to deliver a motorcycle that I bought in Europe to Australia. I have found many motorcycle transportation services from shipping companies, but I don’t know how to choose a really good one that will ensure that my new bike will not get damaged during the trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts