Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you place a deposit (30% of total (around 175 USD for a 2.5" axleback)) by November 7th, 845 will give you 25$ off the price of your muffler.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UxocsKuaUQsxWJpknZ8bj9Xy4R0fSlaY_3tmmRCEdgI/edit#gid=0

So for anyone who isn't on the facebook group, and has been interested in a Cat back / axle back exhaust, with dual exits, here you go!.

IF the group buy is successful, you will get a dual exit catback/ axle back exhaust, with a CUSTOM muffler, based on a similar vibrant brand.

If the group buy isn't successful, 845 said they will still make the exhausts, but it will be using a vibrant brand muffler, which will make the costs more than what you see here.

https://www.facebook.com/bmcinerney20/videos/1246732858687326/ - This is a video of the exhaust in action. If you aren't a member of the forte group, you totally should become one :p ***NOTE **** This is the Downpipe, cat / resonator delete mid pipe AND muffler in action. Just the muffler will be quieter than this.

14522811_10153726382420666_6672615538226029776_n.jpg 14642176_10100775724214432_4144609341649598419_n.jpg

So, if youre interested at all, please sign up! Just add your name to the google doc.

845 needs 30% up front to get everything in motion, then the rest is due when its done, OR, if you contact them they may be able to get you on a payment plan.

If anyone else wants to weigh in, or anyone form 845 needs to make any corrections, please do! We need this!!

*** I do not represent 845 Motorsports, I just want there to be a Cat Back available for us to enjoy! :) ***

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may find that the Facebook group is more active than the forums. Lots of info posted in FB, and people available almost 24/7 to assist you when you mod :p haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
found it! it definitely has a lot more going on lol. ive been waiting patiently for a cat-back to be produced. big ups to 845 for putting it together.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Trocko, what are you expecting to pay for shipping to NS? I have a feeling something like this is gonna be astronomical for Canadians. Add insult to injury with our dollar and a simple axle-back exhaust is looking at close to a grand.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Very NICE setup. Looks goood.
Maybe will see.
Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trocko, what are you expecting to pay for shipping to NS? I have a feeling something like this is gonna be astronomical for Canadians. Add insult to injury with our dollar and a simple axle-back exhaust is looking at close to a grand.
Well, I am trying to sell my current muffler delete.

I made a box to fit it, and its looking like 300 CAD to ship it to the USA.... so, assuming that 845 has some slight shipping deal since they are a company, and maybe if they use a v band flange near the muffler to reduce package height, I am expecting to pay around 150 USD for shipping... which is like 200 Cad....

Total cost, estimated for me is $850. Just for the axle back.

I spent over 500 Cad on a muffler delete, getting all the SS parts and stuff, then took it to a local shop, who I thought knew what they were doing. They made a little mess of it, and Its just not what im looking for. My Kia dealership told me they have a KR (Kia Racing) exhaust that they could get in for me. Axle back, 3" full mandrel bends, TIG welded, dual muffler, very nice looking exhaust. 1500$ installed......

So looking at it that way, 850 isnt that bad at all, and it wouldn't be hard to do up a mid pipe once the warranty is gone.

845 hasn't given me an exact quote for shipping yet, but I assume they will soon. As soon as we have 12 people they are going to place the order to have the mufflers made. ALSO, If you put a deposit down before SEMA ends, they are taking 25$ off the price of the muffler, to entice people to join :)

And my last tid bit haha, 845 said they may be holding a tuning event in Toronto, and would try to ship mufflers from there to reduce cost for us. I for one, am willing to wait for that if it saves money. lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Why is the smaller the diameter the more expensive? Isn't it less materials?

Who's car is in in the clip? What was done to the exhaust to get that sound? I only have a muffler delete right now and I'm growing to like it but since this is coming with a muffler so I'm confused why it sounded so aggressive in the clip.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why is the smaller the diameter the more expensive? Isn't it less materials?

Who's car is in in the clip? What was done to the exhaust to get that sound? I only have a muffler delete right now and I'm growing to like it but since this is coming with a muffler so I'm confused why it sounded so aggressive in the clip.
it shouldn't be, 2.5" is 500, 3" is 550.

It's Brian's car, he had a 3" DP, 2.5" Catless, resonator-less mid pipe, to the 2.5" axleback above. With just the axle back, it would be quieter, as long as you keep your cat and resonator. Once you start taking those off it gets that loud lol.

Yeah, I found my muff delete had CRAZY cabin resonance (drone) around 3k rpm and it was driving me nuts. I think this muffler will HUGELY help that with the rest of my exhaust being stock.

·
Registered
458 Posts
it shouldn't be, 2.5" is 500, 3" is 550.

It's Brian's car, he had a 3" DP, 2.5" Catless, resonator-less mid pipe, to the 2.5" axleback above. With just the axle back, it would be quieter, as long as you keep your cat and resonator. Once you start taking those off it gets that loud lol.

Yeah, I found my muff delete had CRAZY cabin resonance (drone) around 3k rpm and it was driving me nuts. I think this muffler will HUGELY help that with the rest of my exhaust being stock.
Thanks. I think I'm going to order one.

If I only want to keep it simple and get the muffler > tips, it's the axel back that I want, right? I watched a video of EE's explaining the exhaust system and I think I got it. Engine, headers (exhaust manifolds), downpipes, mid pipe, muffler and finally tips.

I'm also pretty tired of the drone so this is very appealing. How much more aggressive does it sound than stock?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, if you just want the muffler & tips, its the axle back. It is also the only thing that will retain your warranty (if you care about that). * according to my dealer.

845 (and everyone lol) actually doesnt have a video of JUST the axleback in action. They only have the full exhaust sound clip, which is crazy haha.

For us, we can do the Downpipe (tork/845/ SXth soon) mid pipe (catalytci converter and resonator / 845) and axle back (845). Thats pretty much all we have for our car at the moment. We dont have a new turbo manifold yet.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Why doesn't anyone make a new header for the car? I saw a documentary on the Ferrari in Megafactory and they use sand to make it before they poured some melted iron in the mould. WE NEED THAT!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
845 just said today in a post that they are working on a new turbo manifold :) That will be cool. But no ETA when it will be released.

·
Registered
458 Posts
When are we getting a definitive answer on when they're doing a tune in Toronto? That would greatly help the decision making process on what to get since it will save on shipping. @Trocko said shipping will be something like $200-$250. Ouch.

The deadline for the deposit is coming up so it would be nice to know if the tune is a definite go or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts