Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
241 - 260 of 300 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
6th intake comes with a braket that goes from the intake to the mount right next to the battery. He even give a piece of rubber that goes over the frame of the car where the CAI portion goes into the bumper. Only rattle you would hear is if the filter is positioned wrong in the bumper and it touching something

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
For the price I'm surprised it doesn't show it coming with a bracket mount to prevent this . K&N sells a universal mount for 14-19$ if needed and this would keep it in check . K&N 85-6004
The intake has a mounting bracket. He should be able to adjust the intake to get the filter was from the chassis.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok cool . I didn't see the bracket in the photo of the kits . Good to know

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got the 6th E.É and I have the bracket the filter is hitting the chasis of the car because I did the short ram so it's hitting the fuse box and the metal that supports the ruse box

·
Registered
149 Posts
What I see is the intake bolt wasn't tight enough that it fell down and making the filter hit

·
Registered
458 Posts
Lock tight

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I fixed it if when I do the CAI and it does the same thing I will use it... lol I know why wait right lol
Another thing that helps is the dog bone mount bushings or the lower mount from 6th, stops most of that unnecessary engine movement.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Another thing that helps is the dog bone mount bushings or the lower mount from 6th, stops most of that unnecessary engine movement.
With the filter what I did was switch the hose clamps and it held on pretty good

·
Registered
580 Posts
About to order my CAI . One question though . It can be turned into a Sri ? It looks the same . I only ask because I already know if I head into Maryland during H20i if it rains the water gets pretty high so I'll want to switch it up quick to the Sri lol .

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
About to order my CAI . One question though . It can be turned into a Sri ? It looks the same . I only ask because I already know if I head into Maryland during H20i if it rains the water gets pretty high so I'll want to switch it up quick to the Sri lol .
Yes, you can remove the lower pipe and attach the filter to the first pipe to make a SRI.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks . ORDERED !! Can't wait !!

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I did the CAI, I know when I turn on the car , the turbo spools and then it goes away... but when I drive I hear the air going thru the air filter is that normal? ?? Or something might be loose, it's a loud air sucking sound

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Totally normal nothing to worry about

·
Registered
149 Posts
Totally normal nothing to worry about
My brother thinks something is wrong so I will upload a video, then you guys give me your opinions ?? So I can tell him it's because it's a bigger filter and piping 3.5 that's the reason lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tell him there is nothing to worry about. The loud darth vader noise is normal for our cars.
+++++111111111 Darth vader is the name of my car lmaooo

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
580 Posts
You will here the turbo whining . When you removed the stock intake you also remove the resonator

·
Registered
149 Posts
You will here the turbo whining . When you removed the stock intake you also remove the resonator
Resonator you the delete one ??? I hear psss sound when I removed the tubing from the stock DV

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
He means that in the factory intake piping it is designed to be a resonator also to keep it quiet. You will hear the sucking of the turbo and when at WOT the whistle from it. I also hope you reset the ECU when you did the install

241 - 260 of 300 Posts