·
Registered
1,067 Posts
hopefully the wife will let me get a set this payday

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
they help with reducing the deflecting in the shifter base while shifting

the stock bushings are rubber and allow a comfortable shift experience but in result they allow deflection and/or the shifter to lean or "bend" slightly to soak up the shift cable and gear movement inside the transmission

with these you'll get more feedback from the transmission through the stick and a more positive shift fealing

for 20$ its probably a quick 15min job that coupled with shift cable bushings will make the shift more positive, instead of "da dunk" into each gear you'll get "dunk"

couple those 2 items with a short shifter and you'll be able to bang gears easy and shouldnt miss any shifts no matter how fast you shift

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do these do again?
I put the link to the product in the first post :) It explains pretty well there, and here it is again for you to look :)

Shifter Bushings ? 6th Element Engineering

but pretty much what honhon said :)

they help with reducing the deflecting in the shifter base while shifting

the stock bushings are rubber and allow a comfortable shift experience but in result they allow deflection and/or the shifter to lean or "bend" slightly to soak up the shift cable and gear movement inside the transmission

with these you'll get more feedback from the transmission through the stick and a more positive shift fealing

for 20$ its probably a quick 15min job that coupled with shift cable bushings will make the shift more positive, instead of "da dunk" into each gear you'll get "dunk"

couple those 2 items with a short shifter and you'll be able to bang gears easy and shouldnt miss any shifts no matter how fast you shift
I will be making the stiffer bushings for the ends of the shifter cables VERY soon. Design will be finalized this weekend most likely. These 2 things together will help the "feel" a lot.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
im gonna assume thats my set lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Got mine installed today.... makes the shifter feel stiffer and makes the shift feel more positive

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i was actually just telling my wife i want a set of those when you release them lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts