Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

This week we will be putting the finishing touches on our Fuel Line/Fuel Pump kit. I will have pictures of everything posted this weekend.
I finished installing our new line and Deatschwerks Fuel Pump yesterday.

I have been fortunate not to have any real fueling problems with this car. Maybe every other day or so it will get a little hiccup when driving while it's still warming up, but never any fuel cut issues.
From my first couple test drives, everything is normal and the car hasn't had a hiccup yet. Fuel pressure readings from the Torque app are about the same, reading just a little bit higher under all observed conditions.

Pricing is still being finalized, but expect about $149 shipped for the line and fittings and $269 shipped for a line and DW pump kit. I'll have that finalized by the time pics are posted.

Adequate fueling capability is something we'd like to highly suggest you all having once we start tuning here soon just so you are on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Hmm may be a early Christmas present for me when I get paid. I think now I am tuned I'm not getting the fuel supply I need

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks for making this. Finally got my paperwork and it says they replaced the low pressure fuel line not the high which is what I expected. Says it was collapsing due to defective material. Again, thank you for making this.

Please post how difficult it was to replace this also when you get time

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I figured it was the fuel line causing your issue. Glad they got it fixed and Kia/Hyundai needs to do a recall on this line because to many cars are having the issue

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like a pretty cool kit

Reactions: Forte5
1 - 8 of 8 Posts