Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just ordered a lower engine mount from 6th Element (Daily Application). I was curious to see who else has it and how you like it. Can you see a significant difference on launch/acceleration? Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If it does what the one on my VW did . Worth every penny ! I have an auto . But on the rare occasion I lose traction the noise that follows is super scary . So it's on my want list for sure

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you on that @Caezer! Broke them loose a couple of times and that sound of thuds and slams are scary! I'm excited to see what it does. Can't wait to install it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have that mount on my car. I really like it. I had some problems with the mount shifting to the passenger side. I called 6th and they sent me a side load bushing that solved my vibration problem. I think they send that part with all mounts now. It really helps with the shit clutch feel and really helps give the car a more fun connected feel. No regrets .

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Is it this what we are talking about here?

01-01-300-2T.jpg

If so, how much vibration do you get in the car?
I know there are two different versions - softer and stiffer. How does it feel for the wheel hop and shifting with both?

I want it to be stiffer, but I do not want the hood to vibrate and feel everything in my butt.

I did DIY polyurethane mounts on my previous cars and the vibration was significant, although almost justified for the shifting.
This one is different type so not easy DIY.

Now it is a quiet car and I would prefer to be like that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Get the street . It's stiff enough . There is barely a bushing lol . At first it sucks but it softens a bit and becomes tolerable. You will also hear and feel your exhaust so no worries. The only down side is when it gets cold out like 30° or lower the bushing becomes stiff again and the vibration is there but goes away as the car warms up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
I ordered the daily mount, with my intake and shift bushing and shift cable bushings. I also got a short shifter from turbo socks, so I'm hoping my shifter will go from kachunk, to just chunk. Lol 😁

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'd like to know if those shifter bushings get rid of that slop where 4th gear feels like it has 2 engagement points sometimes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This will be my next purchase. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd like to know if those shifter bushings get rid of that slop where 4th gear feels like it has 2 engagement points sometimes.
YES!!! OMG, 4th gear is the bane of my existence, and reverse.... It never seems to want to engage on the first time. I always make sure its really in so i dont grind gears lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It definitely helps out. Even though I'm Auto, there was a significant difference with the new mount installed compared to stock. No wheel hop and the shifts are a lot smoother/ less hesitant. Its great!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Thank you for quick responses. I see forum is very active here.

Shifts will be great, I know. I used to "repair" my old mounts.

But what is the vibration?? An be honest... This is my fun ride, but also our second family car where wife and kids might be going on 3000 miles trip through a few states.

Guys, on 2004 Elantra, when I filled the front and rear mounts with polyurethane (black, windows sealant, 3M product) my hood was vibrating. Shifts were awesome, but car became louder (inside) to the point that at idle it felt like going over train tracks.
I do not want it to happen to this one. It would be 200 dollars experiment... a bit too pricey.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I explain it this way to people.

- When you are cruising and accelerating in any gear above 2000 rpm, you don't fee a difference from the stock mount.
- When you are sitting still at idle with the A/C off, you don't fee a difference from the stock mount.
- When you are sitting still at idle with the A/C on, there is more vibration but nothing severe. It's noticeable but minor (the hood does not shake :) ).
- When you first take off in 1st gear, you WILL notice the extra vibration and noise until the RPMs pass thru 900 rpm thru 1500-1800 rpm.
- If you are in any gear and you try to accelerate in this RPM range (900-1800) you will feel extra noise and vibration (this is ok though, because you should downshift gears to bring RPMs up anyway).

·
Registered
580 Posts
Basically a break in period where you will think about taking it off lol . It gets better over time . At the 1000 mark since install and other than some noise reduction loss the mount is no longer noticeably vibrating . I can have my radio below 10 and still nothing . The only noise that start to notice is the car rev sound changed . It now sounds like any other car with an intake . Kia designed the original mounts to not only kill vibration but to also quite the intake pulse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts