Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The kit is ready to pre-order on our website.

Intro price is $839 shipped. We are optimizing every process in building this kit to get the price as affordable as we can.

Front Mount Intercooler Kit (Kia Forte SX 2014+)

What's left to do? We just have a little powdercoating to finish this week and some HKS blow off valves will be arriving soon if anyone wants those (for a higher price).
Anyone wanting a stock style flange is going to have to wait a couple weeks.

I also have to write the installation instructions and get pictures of the finished product on the car. This will take place next week when I am back in town from visiting the in-laws for Christmas (leaving tonight lol).

For anyone that orders or is going to wait, kits will be shipping the week of Jan 4th with Turbomsart or HKS blow off valves.

I have mentioned it in the past, but for those that don't know this kit picked up 13 whp and 6 wtq over our last trip to the dyno in less than favorable weather. Please see the FMIC development thread for the rest of the kit details.
We have put in a lot of work and R&D into this and I'll guarantee it's the best kit on the market.

23302037944_7fab35e3d1_b.jpg

I can;t wait to get the kit back on the car because I have really been missing the POWER!!! :)

Any questions, please ask!

23846400471_8d9e943663_h.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'll be ordering this in the new year! Anyway we can work on the shipping cost again? gets expensive when shipping and Canadian dollar is calculated. lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My credit card only allows me to max out on $600 -___- nnnnnoooooooo

·
Registered
149 Posts
So stock the car comes with 200HP is this an addition 199HP or not???

·
Registered
61 Posts
if it added that much my bank account would be crumbling in on itself right now lmao, I think that's the wheel horsepower with the kit on, I'm assuming it also has the CAI on correct? Or is this stick with only the FMIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
981 Posts
So stock the car comes with 200HP is this an addition 199HP or not???
I would laugh but you might be serious, yes the engine has 200 HP stock (at the crank) but then if you take off 12.5-18% for loss in the drive train you end up with 166-172 WHP for the A/T and 175ish+ WHP for the M/T (some are seeing higher). So in reality 6th has about a 25 WHP gain with just a FMIC and intake without a tune.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'll be ordering this in the new year! Anyway we can work on the shipping cost again? gets expensive when shipping and Canadian dollar is calculated. lol.
I hear you. Shipping alone is killer (not your fault 6th - anything to Canada is crazy), but our dollar is absolute garbage! This is something I'd love to get eventually.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hear you. Shipping alone is killer (not your fault 6th - anything to Canada is crazy), but our dollar is absolute garbage! This is something I'd love to get eventually.
Spring time maybe, either way I'm buying within the first 2 months of the year. Plan is to buy the fuel line, FMIC, Dual catch cans, install and purchase a tune! Or wait and see if 6th had
more info / plans on his own tune.

Reactions: danny78

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would laugh but you might be serious, yes the engine has 200 HP stock (at the crank) but then if you take off 12.5-18% for loss in the drive train you end up with 166-172 WHP for the A/T and 175ish+ WHP for the M/T (some are seeing higher). So in reality 6th has about a 25 WHP gain with just a FMIC and intake without a tune.
I imagined it wasnt all 200HP.... but Imy getting a CA I tomorrow and hopefully soon a tune and then in a few months get the FMIC would I beat my brothers gtI stage 1 Tune? ? He gets around 275 or 256 HP I think

Reactions: jsl15

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was wondering how does the buy now pay later option work......

·
Registered
458 Posts
What CAI you going with??

·
Registered
458 Posts
There's a dude on the VT forum selling his 6th CAI

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I will be looking at this during tax time possibly. I need to get my DP installed first and then fuel pump and line.

All in due time!

·
Registered
518 Posts
get the kit. the diy setup ive been trying to due is ridiculous. was promised by a fellow forum member to a deal we had to help finish my setup and over 3 months later i'm still waiting. nothing better than knowing you're getting everything that bolts right up with i'm sure is a quality product.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Sorry 6th, I tried to get this conversation moved to a different location lol

Reactions: mr_sippi_forte

·
Registered
580 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts