Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pre-ordering starts this weekend for any of you guys needing rotors. We will also offer Hawk brake pads if you want to get a bundle.
I've posted some sneak peaks on Instagram but here is your finished product. These have been in the works for a long time and we are glad it's almost over!

We will be offering our "Select" Slotted rotors you see in this thread and also a more economical "blank" OEM replacement. As soon as our Hawk pads show up we will be offering bundles for sale.

Our rotors are primarily designed by us and manufactured in the USA by one of the top brake rotor manufacturers.
Our "Select" line features the following:

48 cooling vane casting for superior cooling characteristics
Casting material is a special high carbon alloy
Precision ground for the best friction surface
Balanced to eliminate vibration
All non-friction surfaces are coated in a black protective electroplated coating

Intro pricing will be as follows:

Front Pair - $209 + $10 Flat Rate shipped anywhere in continental states (anywhere else email us for a quote)
Rear Pair - $139 + $10 Flat Rate shipped anywhere in continental states (anywhere else email us for a quote)

CAD screenshot

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

CAD Section view of cooling vane

Automotive design Headgear Font Triangle Auto part

Finished product

Rim Wheel Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Circle

Rim Camera accessory Composite material Auto part Circle

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Cool beans. Any numbers on performance increases?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Can you make them bigger so we can run some BBK later down the road? They look nice but a little too small. If I"m upgrading I want a visual difference. The black is nice though would probably contrast well if you had a bright coloured brake caliber. You saw my thread about BBK right? How about some research into seeing if you can also do some of your own. 6th Engineering BBK. Just buy some non branded callipers and put your name on it. Hell, call up Brembo in Italy and ask them do ship you some 4 or 6 pot ones and stamp your own name on there. And keep it under $2,000 USD please :p

I can't believe how expensive BBKs are especially the ones from Brembo. They have some for street and race application and the price can run up to $6,000 to $8,000! What eh hell?

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you make them bigger so we can run some BBK later down the road? They look nice but a little too small. If I"m upgrading I want a visual difference. The black is nice though would probably contrast well if you had a bright coloured brake caliber. You saw my thread about BBK right? How about some research into seeing if you can also do some of your own. 6th Engineering BBK. Just buy some non branded callipers and put your name on it. Hell, call up Brembo in Italy and ask them do ship you some 4 or 6 pot ones and stamp your own name on there. And keep it under $2,000 USD please :p

I can't believe how expensive BBKs are especially the ones from Brembo. They have some for street and race application and the price can run up to $6,000 to $8,000! What eh hell?
If there is a market for a BBK I'll do it. Can't install larger rotors with a bigger casliper and new bracket, etc. These are for guys who need to replace worn rotors and they can get our OEM replacement or get something that cools better.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'm all for a BBK kit as long as the rotating weight stays close to factory or less which usually means a 2 pc design which in turn has a higher cost. The 330mm rotors I have weigh 5.5 lbs more each than the stock rotors which is 11 lbs more in total for the front and with the rotating mass having a larger diameter it would cost HP (part of the reason I stopped trying to make it work), as for how much HP loss I would leave to 6thEE to figure out since it's not just the increased power needed to turn them but also the loss from added weight.

I would even be in for a lighter 2 pc 300mm rotor and a better caliper with SS brake lines.

Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm all for a BBK kit as long as the rotating weight stays close to factory or less which usually means a 2 pc design which in turn has a higher cost. The 330mm rotors I have weigh 5.5 lbs more each than the stock rotors which is 11 lbs more in total for the front and with the rotating mass having a larger diameter it would cost HP (part of the reason I stopped trying to make it work), as for how much HP loss I would leave to 6thEE to figure out since it's not just the increased power needed to turn them but also the loss from added weight.

I would even be in for a lighter 2 pc 300mm rotor and a better caliper with SS brake lines.
I watch Engineering Explained but his videos are just too much for my intellect. I don't understand the difference between unsprung weight and sprung weight I guess. Obviously if I were to push a 20b hoola hoop, let's say it would be easier if it were light so the same principle applies to wheels on a car. Once momentum is achieved, isn't the weight irrelevant? Meaning outside of 0-60 or whatever, acceleration from a roll shouldn't be affected too much; this is my understanding.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I watch Engineering Explained but his videos are just too much for my intellect. I don't understand the difference between unsprung weight and sprung weight I guess. Obviously if I were to push a 20b hoola hoop, let's say it would be easier if it were light so the same principle applies to wheels on a car. Once momentum is achieved, isn't the weight irrelevant? Meaning outside of 0-60 or whatever, acceleration from a roll shouldn't be affected too much; this is my understanding.
Unsprung weight is the weight not supported by a spring (strut, steering knuckle, spindle, brakes, wheel and tire and so on). The less unsprung weight you have the faster the suspension can react to bumps and dips keeping the body/sprung weight of the car more stable/controllable. Lighter equals less momentum and faster response keeping the tire in contact with the surface longer through and after bumps and potholes.
Even taking 5 lbs off each wheel/tire/USW would be like dropping 10 lbs off the curl bar at the gym 1/2 way through a set, it's just easier to move.

Using your analogy with the hula hoop but make it a bicycle rim connected to a solid shaft. One is 5 lbs and the other is 20 lbs, which one would be harder to spin by twisting the axle? That is what the car would see with larger/heavier rotors.

So a heavy BBK set would actually have a negative affect on both handling and power.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Soon lol . Probably buy may for sure . These peanut butter pads don't last as long as they did on the NA lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
Almost due for pads myself and will be looking for slotted rears shortly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.