Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I've been on this forum, I've seen a few people talking about a 60mm throttle body.
So I'm wondering now where can I get one? And what does it do for the car?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How big is the throttle body on our cars?

·
Registered
170 Posts
More airflow = more power!

Plenty of people have swapped to a 60mm throttle body. You get them from the 1.8L Elantra or 2.0L Kia soul engines.

I plan on doing this mod and starting a core program so people can buy them and not have to worry about the tiny modifications you have to do to get it to work.
I'm down for that. What kind of price are you thinking?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
starting a core program so people can buy them and not have to worry about the tiny modifications you have to do to get it to work.
Should I like it? That would kill warranty...

But, 57 mm vs 60 mm - is that a big difference worth the effort? It is about 10 increase in surface area...
I would do it mainly for the throttle response, though.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Should I like it? That would kill warranty....
Considering if you do anything other than check the oil they will try to void the warranty or come up with an excuse why they won't fix it. Every time I talk to someone that has a problem, big or small, it is a fight to have it fixed.

But, 57 mm vs 60 mm - is that a big difference worth the effort? It is about 10 increase in surface area...
I would do it mainly for the throttle response, though.
If I did the calculation right the extra 9.42mm of area should give a return of 8-10 CFM increase (will vary depending on boost pressure) which for a little 1.6 is a good gain IMO.

Reactions: mr_sippi_forte

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm ok so are there any websites I could get a 60mm? Besides eBay ��

·
Registered
518 Posts
only bolt on i haven't done. i'm fine without it. i would worry about other things first depending on what mods you got

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The 60mm does help with response and mid to upper rpm pull.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hmm ok so are there any websites I could get a 60mm? Besides eBay ��
Check your PM, I sent you the email of a CNC machinist who did throttle body work on SRT4s. I don't know if he is still machining TB's or not. Having no luck searching my emails for his website, if the site is even still active etc. His primary trade is aircraft CNC work..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts