Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

From increased safety to capturing beautiful vistas, driving with a dash cam nowadays is a no-brainer.

From Russian meteors to Chinese firework factory explosions, the dash cam has become the darling of viral video entertainment. And is responsible for capturing an unfathomable amount of footage that, collectively, has garnered billions of views on the Internet. That’s amazing since the point of owning a dash cam is far different. Most people are more interested in the legal and safety benefits of driving with a dash cam than online entertainment royalties.
Read more about the 5 Reasons You Should Drive with a Dash Cam.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Someone pick out a good model - I want a dash cam!!
Good model? That is mainly personal preference.
My first one was G1W.
It was cheap, decent picture.

Now I am rolling on A119.
It is more expensive, but also GPS with it and better picture.
What I like about this one is smaller form - it takes less space and it stays really hidden. Plus if I want to remove the card, I can unhook the dash cam and pull the card out. Put the dash cam back in and it is in the same spot - not like G1W where you had to adjust it each time you touched the camera.
It needs power, though, and is very picky about it.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
We will be selling this pretty soon, the new LGD521! I highly encourage anyone to buy a dash cam.

Personal story, lady backs into me in a parking lot. She was in a spot and I was driving down a lane. She trys to blame me because "I was driving too fast". Long story short her insurance paid for my damage and she paid for her own damage but had to jump through a lot of hoops to make that happen. Had I had a dash cam at the time it would have been a no brainer!

Anyone interested please email me for pricing! [email protected]

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
And very expensive. Amazon lists it at 300 USD... sure, it is two channel, but I would rather spend 200 on two A119s (or some other lower grade model) and have them "separate" as opposed to pull a wire through the whole car to connect. But that is just my personal opinion.

WiFi? Apps? This is a dash cam. Just keep extra SD cards in the car and swap them on the run.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've had 3 of them and my favorite has been the Mini 0801. Very small profile. 1080p recording. GPS logging. <$100. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I've had 3 of them and my favorite has been the Mini 0801. Very small profile. 1080p recording. GPS logging. <$100. Good stuff.
Yeah, I am looking for a cheap mini for my rear...

·
Registered
827 Posts
I"m going to start with a less expensive model, just to see if I like the routine. Can a camera be placed in the upper right corner of the windshield and still capture useful video and images?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
The best is the center as you get even angle.
The problem with off center is the "angled" view. Still works OK...

Just get some movie from the points where you could install it and see the coverage on both short and long distance.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just mount it behind the rear view mirror. Stuck to the dot matrix area. Can't see it from driver's position and hides it pretty well from the outside by being there too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't have one of my Forte handy, but here's the similar setup in wife's RAV4. Lens sits just outside the dot matrix but body is obscured by it from outside.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Don't have one of my Forte handy, but here's the similar setup in wife's RAV4. Lens sits just outside the dot matrix but body is obscured by it from outside.
That's rather clever - I don't want mine sticking out like a sore thumb as it were.
When Tom-Tom's were the rage a while back (in crowded locales) you could just SEE the thing attached to the interior, also thief bait.
And people that "hang" their cell phones on devices - so tacky.
So this discreet install is appealing.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts