Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does this really hold truth?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Man, seriously?

Would anyone really believe that?

It is a huge BS.
Maybe this 303 shit can make some rubber last longer, but what for?

Two question for the magician.
1. What would fail faster in nowadays tires? Worn thread or cracked sidewall (due to drying)?

2. If you spray sidewalls to prevent them from cracking, how come you expect the tire to last longer if the middle section is exposed to all debris from the road? The rubber will start cracking within the threads...

So, 15ForteSX, save your money on something else.
Once you see cracks on the sidewall, it means there are same cracks between channels on the tire's face.
Treating it with 303 only hinders the danger. I would strongly advise against.

EDIT.
I think my tires will wear way faster than any cracking could occur. In any type of weather.

EDIT 2

So I call it even more BS.
MSDS does not list any components calling it proprietary.
For me it is simply some emulgated oils, most likely with sodium phosphate, hence the high pH of the solution.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha well i was gonna get some feedback before even trying.
since i drive a lot i tend to wear the tread before cracking ever happens.
i dunno i want to poll others too before trying but yeah seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
827 Posts
haha well i was gonna get some feedback before even trying.
since i drive a lot i tend to wear the tread before cracking ever happens.
i dunno i want to poll others too before trying but yeah seems too good to be true.
YOu're joking, if you drive a lot and wear out tires, find a used tire shop with some killer deals on tires............

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
find a used tire shop with some killer deals on tires............
I would not agree on it.
Tires are not something you should try to save on. That is in the end the one and the only means of keeping you on the road.

A while ago I did compare used vs new.
Say, 225/40x18 used ContiProContact, for 400, set of 4, shipped free.
Or new, same, from local store for 680+tax. I could get a rebate on them of 100 (most of the time there are some rebates).
That makes me only 200 more for a set of brand new ones vs used ones that of unknown origin, are for sure older, and most likely will not last as much.

Of course, in both cases I must pay installation/balancing on them.

And I would do it once every 4 years when going with a new set each time or once every 2-3 years when going with used ones. Installation fee is about 15-20 a piece for our 18" size.
At this point, it is almost even (two sets of used installed vs one set of new ones for 4 years)

But I do not have any warranty on the used ones (they may bulge and I am a toast).

So on my personal opinion - stay away from used tires unless you got no choice or replacing just one with similar wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts