Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i would really appreciate the help on this tire & rims set-up, i've searched our other threads and haven't seen this combination to my knowledge

First - tire to rim -
Is 225/40/r18 on 18x8.5 wheels is this something that is do-able?? if so whats the pros and cons?

Secondly - rim to vehicle
what's everyone's opinion on the 18x8.5 with a 35 offset, anyone know off hand if this will fit and again pros vs cons?

Thanks for all your help:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can run those tires up to 9.5 . But as for fitment on the car depends on the setup and it's still up in the air what works . A guy in PR is running 8 up front and 9.5 in the rear no issues at all . Me I like squared so I can rotate the tires if needed .,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can run those tires up to 9.5 . But as for fitment on the car depends on the setup and it's still up in the air what works . A guy in PR is running 8 up front and 9.5 in the rear no issues at all . Me I like squared so I can rotate the tires if needed .,
See i would like to ru 8.5 all 4 corners with that tire set-up

Anyone know if we can run 8.5 on our cars? Standard is 7.5 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
633 Posts
8.5 I can't see being an issue on the rear.

The front would probably fit, but I'd measure the clearance on full lock.

Keep in the stock rims have a high positive offset... +52 IIRC... In the 50's for sure.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ours are 7.5 correct? So you're saying we can run up to 2x wider tires? Would there be rubbing because it seems wide. That is a lot of contact patch my friends, stay thirsty.

·
Registered
580 Posts
lol no I mean the rim width . if anyone would want more tire I would suggest sizing down to 17 and run a 235 45 17 on a 8-8.5 rim . If I was manual and took it to the track thats what race wheel and tire spec I would run

Reactions: Trocko

·
Registered
30 Posts
The SX's OEM setup is 225/40/R18 tires with 18"x7.5" wheels at +51 offset. I am also unsure of clearance with 8.5" wide wheels front and rear. I'm sure 8" would be fine.

I guess if you have a lower offset but wider wheel it would balance out, but wider with similar/exact offset will push into the wells too much on 8.5" or 9" wide wheels?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just put 18x8.5 +35 on my car yesterday and I think they look great and I am having no clearance issues at all

Reactions: Mattman and Caezar

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just put 18x8.5 +35 on my car yesterday and I think they look great and I am having no clearance issues at all
Awesome, that's what I was looking to do offset wise.... You think we could get away with 30 offset or no? Also any pics of your setup?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
im running a 225/40/18 on a 18x9.5 depending on your driving style stretch is a good thing that being said the stretch i am running is generally a bit more than people like, but i need to run that in order to get proper fitment. Slight stretch is going to strengthen your sidewall during cornering, which will keep your sidewall from rolling and gives you much better stability through corners id go with a 225 on a 9 inch while wheel still a fairly significant amount of stretch but in the corners you will be good. i could run 255's if i really wanted to, but i live on the edge of traction on back roads, no room for sidewall rolling.\
Tyson

Reactions: ABYSSFORTESX

·
Registered
257 Posts
im running a 225/40/18 on a 18x9.5 depending on your driving style stretch is a good thing that being said the stretch i am running is generally a bit more than people like, but i need to run that in order to get proper fitment. Slight stretch is going to strengthen your sidewall during cornering, which will keep your sidewall from rolling and gives you much better stability through corners id go with a 225 on a 9 inch while wheel still a fairly significant amount of stretch but in the corners you will be good. i could run 255's if i really wanted to, but i live on the edge of traction on back roads, no room for sidewall rolling.\
Tyson
Could you post photos of your wheel setup?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I will post pic later

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Here is what I ordered today in a 18x8.5 +42. They are custom made to order and can have any thing from a +15 to a +45 offset.

Klutch_SL14_Matte_Black-3001.png

·
Registered
458 Posts
in love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
135 Posts

Thinking of picking these up for the new shoes. They are volk g25 silver (shown is prism). Was going to get them in 18x8.5 with either a 40 or 38 offset. Since I am lowered I don't want to rub.

Edited, they only have it in a 35 or 44 offset, I believe 44 will bring it to close to strut so now the question is if 35 will rub with the drop

Instagram @darth_forte

1 - 20 of 21 Posts