Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been an ongoing issue for me. I'm in Tampa and it gets hot here during the day. When I start the car I roll the windows down to get the hot air out after taking off I turn a/c on, does not matter if it is normal or recirc and the fan on high. After a mile of driving when I stop at a traffic light I get a rough idle, if I turn the fan to low it goes away. I've had it at 2 dealers and explained what to do for them to duplicate it and make a recording or monitor misfire screen. First time they update the ecm, didn't change. 2nd time they changed plugs and injectors but it didn't resolve the issue. After a few months it will finally set a light with random misfire codes on all cylinders. I believe the electrical load on the engine with the fan on high is the issue but can't get the dealer to verify. I'm a 30 plus year Ford and International Master Mechanic so I kind of know what I'm saying when I explain it to them but still no resolution. Anyone else having this issue? Fuel type makes no difference, serviced every 3k with synthetic at Kia.

·
Super Moderator
1,718 Posts
What is the battery voltage?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts