Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Oh well.
I know that tune can add some pops, but that, as I was told, is not advised on stock exhaust.

How OEM makes OK then? No clue... but I would presume very similar way. There must be some unburned fuel in the exhaust burning rapidly and then there is a void after explosion causing air to be sucked in. But then how often the fuel is getting in there? Cannot be in each cycle as it would sound like machine gun.

But yeah, would be nice to get that.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Take your car to a local exhaust shop and ask them what they can do. Even if the Veloster sound can't be duplicated exactly, the techs at those shops do that stuff for a living.
You'll get additional replies if you stay tuned, we have one member who snoops around in the veloster forums..........

·
Registered
458 Posts
Whatever you decide, don't go overboard. This shit can get annoying as all get out.

With factory systems, you can turn it off; I'm pretty sure aftermarket solutions are you get what you see (hear) all the time which is one of the downfalls of having a loud exhaust and/or stiff suspensions without some elbow grease.

Example of annoying shit!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Whatever you decide, don't go overboard. This shit can get annoying as all get out.

Example of annoying shit!
I know. That is exactly what I do NOT want to happen.
I want under normal conditions to be normal, normal means I drive, even I push till say 4000 rpm and it stays OK. But once I get to high rpm, above 4k rpm - then I hear the pops. And pops are sporadic, not all the time like this Focus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts