Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2019 Kia Forte spiced things up at this year’s (typically frigid) Detroit Auto Show with a hot new look and some fancy new tech under the hood that will help the car achieve 35 mpg combined.

The Forte is now in its third generation and over those years, the Korean automaker has learned a lot about what compact car buyers want. This new model seems to incorporate all of those lessons and the result is this sleek new sedan that looks ready to do battle with the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.
Read more about the 2019 Kia Forte Debuts Looking Like a Small Stinger at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm glad to have KIA NOT make their cars look like Hondas slash Jetta slash overly similar line and styling treatment. The Stinger styling is a little to Euro-box for me, but still a great new car for the market place.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
These photos of the Forte make it look like a sharp car, especially the front. I did see other aerial-view photos of the car driving and someone said it looked like a Camry which I couldn't help but agree with.

Interested to see what the F5 version looks like.

EDIT:. Lol - PLP, you posted just a few minutes before me and we said the same thing hahaha

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think it's more of a derivation of the Optima than the Stinger. Not sure why the journalists grabbed onto that right away.

It has potential, however. As the current bodylines make the sedan/koup a bit bloated, I'm sure the hatchback form will be more pleasant to look at. That front end isn't a total disaster but I was just disappointment with so little changes compared to the Veloster update.

I'm really digging the new Veloster N. THe different suspensions, true drive modes selections, a more powerful engine with greater potential and a much more masculine looking design than its previous generation. I bet it will be $35K Canadian which is creeping very, very close to Golf R and STI money. I like it even better than the Type R even though the Type R would destroy it. Hope it's a late 2018 release. Hyundai really needs this to make a name for themselves in the hot hatch / pocket rocket segment. The Veloster Turbo / Forte SX was nothing more than a feeler. It's a shame it came a few years too late for some of us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts