Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
They are going to offer a 2.0 147hp and a 1.4t 128hp and I think the 1.6t 175hp. I think thats what I read somewhere. Im not to thrilled with the front end to much. I am down for the android radio though!

·
Registered
253 Posts
They are going to offer a 2.0 147hp and a 1.4t 128hp and I think the 1.6t 175hp. I think thats what I read somewhere. Im not to thrilled with the front end to much. I am down for the android radio though!
1.4t...is it still a gamma engine? I know whey have had some diesels in that range over seas for some time now I guess ill do some digging

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
If they detuned it for the DCT there are going to be a lot of blown up transmissions when people go getting them performance tuned and throwing on power adder parts.

Kind of funny, opposite in the VW world where the DSG can hold more power and the manual requires a clutch upgrade to even go stage 1.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If they detuned it for the DCT there are going to be a lot of blown up transmissions when people go getting them performance tuned and throwing on power adder parts.

Kind of funny, opposite in the VW world where the DSG can hold more power and the manual requires a clutch upgrade to even go stage 1.
So true. I have a 2013 GTI with DSG. Unitronic stage 2 on motor and trans. No problems at all. Runs way better than stock.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I actually prefer the new bumper and grill.

I find our little grille looks too much like a bow tie. I'd prefer that one over the one I have now... Actually if I could have that tiny grille enlarged like the new one but keep the radiator opening like ours I would.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That's the only draw back of the new bumper. It doesn't have the large front opening like ours.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That new front clip makes us look more like a toyota imo. Not a fan.

Love the F5 just how it is

·
Registered
468 Posts
IMG_20160113_145442.jpg

I'm not loving this new front end its like they took the best bits from the ProCeed gt and just made it ugly and slapped it on our car.. I bet the new head unit can be put in our cars.. I bet it's not that different
I wonder if they are putting the detuned 1.6 in the car.. to raise the fuel economy... in the optima at least that lower power motor is make the same track numbers as the de tuned 2.0 t.. so it mite be just as fast as our cars stock.. this market shift in lower power mite make room form the long awaited stinger.. or could leave space to offer a higher R type model forte.. but it could be Kia just adjusting to the market.. and giving up on the hot hatch or tuner.. our cars were never big sellers in the first place and the fuel economy was always bad for the power we make.. if you can get the new 1.6 to make 37 mpg hw and 30 city.. that car will sell better.. maby the koupe will get the 2.0 t that would be fun

·
Registered
458 Posts
They're homologizing it to their other cars like the Sorento, Sportage, and even Rio. Same style of headlights, grille, etc.

I like the older design better where they're break between the headlights and the grille; having it spill over each other isn't that nice, imo. And that red striping looks lazy and so contrived. "hey, let's just throw a red stripe on there like everyone else is doing".

So the newer versions have less power? Is the current 1.6t with 201hp proving to be mechanically problematic?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I suspect it is to boost the fuel mileage as Kia is well behind competitors on that front as well as to accommodate the DCT going into this model.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think the new front end is more refined. It looks good, but I like the look of the SX Hatch more. I think the face lift will age more gracefully.

I want the steering wheel and head unit out of a 2017.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
To me it looks like an Optima and a Sedona had a baby

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
981 Posts
Starting to get the feeling the Koups are short lived. The dealership and Kia's own website has no listing for a 2016 Koup, dealer said they don't even have the option to order the '16 and are under the assumption that the 2017 GT will be replacing the Koup anyway.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The 16' koups are an option here in Canada, but most dealers have the sedans and hatchbacks in stock, very few koups.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I see Koups all over around here but they are non turbo ones. The turbo Koups are rare here. I have seen 2 F5 turbo's but of course driven by girls that aren't into modding them *sigh*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts