Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a Kia Forte5 Sx 1.6 Turbo and I was looking for someone who might have a better understanding than what I can find at the moment. I was looking into getting a Pressure plate to get the turbo boost release but I want to make sure it doesn't mess with the computer management system. I've seen in some threads on other vehicles that a blow off plate release can adjust air/gas mixture ratios so I wanted to make sure before purchasing the products. Anything helps and thanks in advance! So far the car is freaking awesome:):):):):):)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys, just bought a Kia Forte5 Sx 1.6 Turbo and I was looking for someone who might have a better understanding than what I can find at the moment. I was looking into getting a Pressure plate to get the turbo boost release but I want to make sure it doesn't mess with the computer management system. I've seen in some threads on other vehicles that a blow off plate release can adjust air/gas mixture ratios so I wanted to make sure before purchasing the products. Anything helps and thanks in advance! So far the car is freaking awesome:):):):):):)
For my experience not issue but I have 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Boost venting to air compared to it being dumped back into the manifold wont affect anything. I could see if you were purchasing a knock off product that didnt function as well as the stock BOV or a true aftermarket BOV. Running a sound plate wont change values to mess with the computer system

·
Registered
633 Posts
Simply want the "psssh" sound?

Just remove the recirc hose from the intake and cap the port on the intake with a 1" rubber chair foot.

Our cars use a MAP vs. a MAF sensor so this doesn't affect anything.

The stock BPV uses a rubber diaphragm which is prone to tear over time, and then you can look into a Turbo XS BPV (common swap).

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
2014-2016 models are MAP only. MAP is located on the intake manifold.

2017 model was slightly changed: some cosmetic changes to the engine bay and shifted torque curve. However, the MAP remained there.
You can easily get the BOV into air you will be fine.

Some cars use MAF like Subaru (if I recall correctly). And yes, venting the air could cause issues as some air is "missing" now.
Luckily, this is not the case here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So remove the hose from the intake what about the other end? Just leave the hose hanging? also will this modification turn the check engine light? Any performance issues?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I do not think you will notice any performance change. The reason to have BOV air recirculated, I think, was to keep the noise level down. The already clean air argument (meaning, less air is filtered by the filter if BOV is recirculated) is not really valid as I bet in most cases BOV releasing pressure into the intake will actually cause the reverse flow through the filter.

But again - no performance change whatsoever, no check engine light, no problems except some PSHHHH...

As for the hose - up to you.
Leave it hanging or disconnect it from the BOV. The only difference will be level and tone of the pshhhhhh

One thing to not forget - plug the intake hole. :)

Reactions: ticobiker

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just did this and the sound is very fun and I am mad at me for not reading this before. I paid the money for the sound plate, its impossible to make it fit "Plug and play". Thanks PLP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts