Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures of my Koup. Loving the car, it's a blast to drive.
So far I have Done
-6EE Intercooler Resonater delete
-6EE Shifter Bushings
-Custom Axle-Back exhaust
-Custom short ram air intake(trying to decide which one to order)
-Boost gauge
-Plasti-dip front chrome trim.
20170130_054429.jpg 20170223_125308.jpg 20170223_125336.jpg 20170225_144651.jpg 20170228_171817.jpg

·
Registered
827 Posts
When you do the cold air intake, give photos and shoot a little video of the sound. Ebay has some interesting models, so does 6thEE - so show what you get
Very nice photos.
Did you post exhaust video on youtube?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to post a video today of the exhaust but it started to snow, Hopefully tomorrow I can get one. I plan on doing some write-ups and tutorial videos. I've noticed there isn't much out there for the Forte Koup.

I'm actually leaning towards TurboSocks this intake in orange.
otherwise I was going to order the 6EE RAI.

I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Those are excellent looking CAI with nice fat pipes. Wild colors. No snow where I live but shoot video when you can. Definitely keep the forum posted.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was going to post a video today of the exhaust but it started to snow, Hopefully tomorrow I can get one. I plan on doing some write-ups and tutorial videos. I've noticed there isn't much out there for the Forte Koup.

I'm actually leaning towards TurboSocks this intake in orange.
otherwise I was going to order the 6EE RAI.

I'll keep ya posted.
I can vouch for the 6thee short ram. I've got nothing but quality from everything I've ordered from him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
I can vouch for the 6thee short ram. I've got nothing but quality from everything I've ordered from him.

Crosive - what's your opinion on the throttle response, mpg increase, horsepower etc. Do you like the supplied air filter on the 6thEE CAI?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Throttle response is better. Mpg went up 1-2 mpg over stock. Horsepower increase is subjective.

This was with the intake on a 2015 manual, and a 2016 auto.

I'm using a k&n filter that I already had that was "dirty" already. I'm not using the filter that came with it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Another reason IMO to have a CAI is that they perform very well at high altitudes. When I drive to Reno, NV going over 7000 foot elevation summits, you can hear non-turbo cars just sucking and hissing in the thin air. Whereas turbo cars with fat intake pipes and large filters have no trouble on the climb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Couple Videos, Sorry for the heavy breathing. Fighting Pneumonia atm.

I also don't have a way to mount my phone in the vehicle while moving lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would do a CAI to my fender well but we get a lot of precipitation up here in MN. Snow and Rain. I have thought about getting a SRI and Making a my own cold box for it.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Keep in mind our intakes are always in stock and ship immediately :) We also use genuine AEM dryflow air filters!

Also, use coupon code "thankyou" and that will get the price with shipping down to $194.75 :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
In the first picture is your radio on a sirius station or regular radio?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the exhaust, It is just axle back with 2 N1 style mufflers(I would have went with a better brand tho). I was going to do a mid pipe to delete the resonator but unlike my old 2016 forte lx, the cat and resonator are all one piece on the Koup.

6thElementEngineering, I will most likely buy your SRI being that there is so many good reviews about it. Only thing is tho, I really like having color options.. I know its a Nit-pick thing but having a colored intake would dress-up the basic engine look. A little dress up is a nice touch. Can you guys do custom colors?

SXTurbo, That would be the Sirius Satellite Radio. I don't get the nice descriptions on over the air radio.

·
Registered
237 Posts
For the exhaust, It is just axle back with 2 N1 style mufflers(I would have went with a better brand tho). I was going to do a mid pipe to delete the resonator but unlike my old 2016 forte lx, the cat and resonator are all one piece on the Koup.

6thElementEngineering, I will most likely buy your SRI being that there is so many good reviews about it. Only thing is tho, I really like having color options.. I know its a Nit-pick thing but having a colored intake would dress-up the basic engine look. A little dress up is a nice touch. Can you guys do custom colors?

SXTurbo, That would be the Sirius Satellite Radio. I don't get the nice descriptions on over the air radio.
Thanks for the info. I like how the Sirius channel is displayed on the screen of your radio. I have a slightly different radio with different button markings so that may be the reason mine looks different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts