Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai is releasing the 2016 Hyundai veloster turbo with a dual clutch transmission , will it be faster then the 2014+ forte sx turbo 6 speed automatic ? also do you think kia will release other variants of the forte sx turbo the same way Hyundai released a R-spec and rally edition veloster turbo ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
ooooooh. Interesting. I do remember reading something a while ago, before I got my forte that dual clutch trans would be appearing in a few years. Very curious to see how the car will perform and I can see Kia having a model with the transmission next year.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The dual clutch Trans shifts way quicker from my understanding and can hold power to. Also depends on how they tune it to shift if it will be quicker

·
Registered
534 Posts
If it's the same dual clutch 7 speed, it will have the gearing advantage. But dual clutch transmissions have been hit or miss lately. Still better than a cvt though....for reliability

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dual clutch Trans shifts way quicker from my understanding and can hold power to. Also depends on how they tune it to shift if it will be quicker
Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of kia putting a dual clutch trans in the forte sx turbo ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts