Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,I have 2015 forte sx turbo with auto trans . I can not preload brakes and apply throttle to engine it hesitates for a spilt second before it launches. kia claims its some sort of safety feature built in . any body have the same issue and found a fix. thanks coloam

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hi,.
Yes, this is normal and you cannot do anything about it except manually disconnecting the brake pedal switch.
This is to prevent situation like old BS story about "runaway Toyota/stuck gas pedal".
Basically, the moment you apply brakes, ECU cuts off the power. Disabling ESC makes no difference.

You must do it quickly.
I found that actually even when the engine starts cutting off, the boost is still at about -2 psi which is much better than -12 psi at idle.
The quick way is to depress to the floor about half second before releasing brake.

Reactions: comadreja

·
Registered
65 Posts
hello,I have 2015 forte sx turbo with auto trans . I can not preload brakes and apply throttle to engine it hesitates for a spilt second before it launches. kia claims its some sort of safety feature built in . any body have the same issue and found a fix. thanks coloam
My is MT and do the same safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Are you trying to get faster 1/4 miles times, 0-60 or passing performance?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So I did test today.
Doing WOT for a bit longer - RPM drops to 1500 and pressure at slightly below 0. Yet still rips they tires.

Doing a quick launch - brake, WOT - you get a moment to hit 2000 rpm and boost of 5 psi. More then enough to smoke...

Keep in mind the max torque kicks in at 1750 rpm. Sure, you will past this value right away when pulling hard from dead stop, but allowing all the torque to hit the road without good tires will mean spinning all night long.

·
Registered
458 Posts
manually disconnecting the brake pedal switch.

PLP, where is this switch located?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
PLP, where is this switch located?

Do not quote me on that, but I believe that the brake switch is responsible for cutting off the power.
Hence, if you were to use a manual bypass, or at least manually disconnect it for the time of drag race, then you should be able to brake torque.

The switch is on the brake pedal. But once disconnected you will not have cruise control and no brake lights.

Again, I did not test it, but it would be my very first thing to do.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do not quote me on that, but I believe that the brake switch is responsible for cutting off the power.
Hence, if you were to use a manual bypass, or at least manually disconnect it for the time of drag race, then you should be able to brake torque.

The switch is on the brake pedal. But once disconnected you will not have cruise control and no brake lights.

Again, I did not test it, but it would be my very first thing to do.
I figured that was the switch you were talking about but just wanted to check..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I would've been able to see this before friday. I went to the strip in my 16 koup and ran 15.478 at 89.7mph. I'll have to see what it does without trying to brake torque.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts