Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone knows a company that would offer a non-canned tune remotely? I had a buddy of mine just get one for his Focus and was wondering if there’s any out there for KDM.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
What do you mean?
Canned tune is a tune that fits all, right? So non-canned would be dyno tune...
As for the remotely - if you are thinking of getting into the ECU and writing over the table, yes, that can be done. But that would be canned tune...

If you want to put it on a spare ECU then - depends who you talk to, some say you must give them both ECUs (OEM and spare) to first make an exact copy, while others claim VIN and spare is enough. So I cannot advise on it.

6th, 845motorsports.com, and damnfastdd.com offer (or used to) a tool that you can hook up to your ECU and write a new tune.

·
Registered
521 Posts
What do you mean?
Canned tune is a tune that fits all, right? So non-canned would be dyno tune...
As for the remotely - if you are thinking of getting into the ECU and writing over the table, yes, that can be done. But that would be canned tune...
The other option is canned tuned plus tweaks after datalogging. Which is what this would have to be.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The other option is canned tuned plus tweaks after datalogging. Which is what this would have to be.
I liked it :) but this option is a horrible idea... meaning it may take forever to get the right tune vs on the fly on the dyno.

Mine canned tune worked just fine. I did some logging, the initial several tens of miles were a bit rough, but ECU adjusted and from then it was just awesome.

Reactions: lephoenix

·
Registered
981 Posts
Remote tuning is when the tuner (SXTH) is in one state and the car is in another state on a dyno and he acesses your ecu remotely and dyno tunes you car.

Whether SXTH is doing the remote part I am unsure but it only is a phone call away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts