Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran the forte against a friends unitronic GTI. For those who haven't looked at the power these cars will make with just intake and reflash you need to check it out. I'm full bolt on tork 1.5. His is a dsg auto.

I was about 3/4 to one car back from a twenty roll three times. I'm very impressed with the results of this run as that car is making 297 whp. When he goes stage two soon I know he will stomp me but we are both impressed with how the 1.6 performs.

Pretty much dead heat until fourth gear where he started to inch away from me.

Not much story to this, but letting everyone know what u can get with a tune and bolt ons!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'll bet if you add some suspension upgrades with particular attention to motor movement and sway bar control, the gap with that GTI would lessen. Do you know what suspension mods and motor mount upgrades if any were on the GTI?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I've got a few local tuners that specialize in German (GTIs) and they do a really good job of getting every last drop of power out of those engines with a tune

·
Registered
458 Posts
I kind of raced a Mustang ecoboost this morning. The guy heard my muffler delete and aftermarket wheels and wanted to see what Korean power was. No surprise here as he consistently beat me from a roll. Went up to 80-100KH/H with him about 1.5-2 car lengths on me. Wasn't really a race because he would always just take off and I'd play catch up otherwise it would probably be a lot closer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts