Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't decided if this is a good idea yet, but I'm registered and about to enter my 5 door sx in a 100km navigational rally cross. The car is brand new and 100% stock. Has anyone else done this yet or am I the only crazy one ? How do you guys think the car will perform ?
I'll be sure to post some pics tomorra ;)
Wish me luck !

·
Registered
535 Posts
You are my hero...

·
Registered
580 Posts
evilla bars all through at least . this car needs em

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol so,, in a field full of Subarus and Mitsubishis, the little Kia did alright. The course was not overly aggressive, being mixed gravel and paved public roads. That being said, we did hit gnarly twisties, we did slide, we did throw rocks. Pretty proud of our little beast.

But before I go and attempt this again, I think I need to armor it up. The stock tires and rims were, rough at best. Probably swap them for 16's with beefy tires. The factory mudflaps were basically useless, just ordered some new ones from rally armour. I haven't peeked under the car yet but after hearing all the pings I might look into skid plates. I swore up and down I would never modify another vehicle again, but I guess this is the start of my half arsed rally build.

I tried getting dash footage but I don't have a GoPro and holding my cell phone was out of the question. Our car can totally handle this stuff, so if anyone from the Toronto area wants to take a stab at the next road event look up kwrc snatr. Would be cool to see some other k's out there.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.