1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The forte5sx make 147

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
150 MPH? I wonder what the tires are after the test...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Umm dyno does not equate real world. No wind resistence. I doubt the forte can hit that in real world.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The forte turbo can hit that lol. So far been to 145 in mine and let off lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
I hit a 136mph in mine and it was still pulling. Heck on a short blast down an empty 2 lane on my way home I routinely hit 110 before slowing back down to 60 to 70 mph. I think a change in pad material and higher temp brake fluid would be good for extended spirited driving. The rear is a bit squirmy stock but a rear torsion bar, tork collars on the subframe, and a front upper strut brace would alleviate a lot of that.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah steering in this car certainly doesn't give me the confidence to go higher than 100.

Mind you I'm stock and could invest in a strut bar and collars.

·
Registered
981 Posts
All the way to the limiter multiple times. The A/T almost runs out of rpms at the speed limiter cut off, nothing like holding 6300 rpms for extended runs lol. The ride is surprisingly smooth and controllable with the oem tires, once I put the Motivos on it was bad above 90 mph. Changed out the Motivos to Michelin Sport a/s3 and everything was better than ever in all aspects of driving.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah steering in this car certainly doesn't give me the confidence to go higher than 100.

Mind you I'm stock and could invest in a strut bar and collars.
They might void your engine warranty if you did lol.

Reactions: Patman and staax

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
For everyone questioning this, what this means is that we have successfully removed the top speed limiter
Tyson

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
were you ever able to hit it without any tune?
no, i am not sure what the top speed limiter is from the factory, I was not here when they did this dyno, so i would need to ask John directly.
Tyson

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
no, i am not sure what the top speed limiter is from the factory, I was not here when they did this dyno, so i would need to ask John directly.
Tyson
I meant - could you anticipate to actually on an open road to hit speed limiter in stock Forte?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I'm sure it could be done given the proper room, road, and lack of traffic, however, it wouldn't be suggested as legality issues seem to be a factor LOL
Tyson

1 - 16 of 16 Posts