Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with locking/unlocking the doors with the keyless remote. It doesn't work at all. Another, most likely related, problem is that i can only manually unlock the car from the passenger's side. When i manually unlock it from the passenger's side, it unlocks all door. Also when I manually unlock it from the inside, it unlocks all door. What could be the problem? Will a locksmith help?

·
Registered
981 Posts
If your still under warranty take it to the dealer, sounds more like an electrical issue.

·
Registered
524 Posts
As for whether to unlock all or just driver's door when unlocked from driver's side, yes. You can change that so that all doors unlock on the first unlock operation rather than having to do two(whether that is smart key button press/fob/key turn).

But not even unlocking the driver's door from the driver's side? That's a warranty issue.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The button on the handle of my drivers door no longer unlocks the doors on my Forte5 SX either. I plan on getting it into the dealer to fix it as soon as I swap back to the stock intake.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Locksmiths are only good at fixing keys/locks this is a fob problem, is their a low battery icon in the dic after startup.

I have had a car (not my Kia) rekeyed after some ass stole my work bag with both keys & licence inside, a new lock kit was fitted and fobs reprogrammed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts