Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creating an appointment for sfr to tune my car . Once I get in site I will discuss options of power from 87,89 , 91 ,93 and 93 meth tune. While there they will be installing included in price new colder iridium NGK plugs . Hoping to leave with 200whp + then I will be making another appointment down the road to re tune for the FMIC , exhaust and intake . At that point hoping 240+ whp .

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Sounds great man! The Tork stage 1 puts you around the 225-230hp range but not sure what the sfr tune will do

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hope they get more out of the car then that with a tune. With just bolt ons and a stock ECU I am over the 200 WHP mark (last trip was 209, 219 and 211) and this is a A/T. Even 6th is at the 200 WHP mark with just the FMIC, CAI and stock ECU in his M/T. I wouldn't be surprised if you got to see 220-230 in stock trim but really depends on how conservative they keep it and how much time they spend cleaning up Kia's disastrous factory tune.

Can't say it enough,
FUEL LINE, FUEL LINE and FUEL LINE, after a nice long drive and some aggressive driving I pulled over and pulled the intake tube off and reach down and grabbed the fuel line where it runs the closest to the down pipe and even with the wrap on the pipe and the sleeve on the line it was soft enough to pinch and almost squeeze it flat. My line is 3.5" from the down pipe and with the stock DP it would be closer.

Not trying to get off topic but once you are tuned the exhaust temps go up and it might be something to keep in mind if you all of a sudden feel the car do something unusual.

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up ! I've heard of the fuel line issues and good to know it becomes more noticeable with tune . So getting the up grade fuel line would be advisable then ?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks for the heads up ! I've heard of the fuel line issues and good to know it becomes more noticeable with tune . So getting the up grade fuel line would be advisable then ?
Personally I would say yes before the tune but it looks like you are going in to be tuned soon so maybe just consider the fuel line as one of the first mods to do later.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At this point it's seeming the later for the tune . Reading reviews and it seems smart to wait . I really hate to have to as I would love a tune . But it's a lot of questions I'm still facing . Im going to take the advice I'm given and it seems to add the bolt ons first then tune . So I'll add the fuel line to the list of first things to do . I was also told I should get an intercooler , mid pipe and hks plugs not NGK . Why the mid pipe I can only think it's some kind of exhaust tuning trick and have to ask more questions about it . A sonata owner suggested it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts