Forte and I parted ways...
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Forte and I parted ways...

This is a discussion on Forte and I parted ways... within the Kia Forte Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; It was a sad day, but I could not justify keeping 4 cars. Even 3 now is still too much, so one will go away ...

Thread: Forte and I parted ways...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times

Smile Forte and I parted ways...

It was a sad day, but I could not justify keeping 4 cars. Even 3 now is still too much, so one will go away soon.

A few words of our history: we met each other by the end of Nov-2016. Forte had 25 miles at the time. Fully equipped (leather, navi, roof... everything what you might need).
    I got him (in my language car is male, so it will stay like this) snow tires (a separate set of wheels), WeatherTech mats, a few gauges (like oil pressure and boost/vacuum gauge). At some point we decided to get more power and put a Sxth tune using spare ECU.
    We had blast. We even put a new speed record just the day before we parted ways (met some 2010 or so GTI on I-94 and had a lot of fun). I gave up tailgating him at 125 mph. Two runs like that, a few more with lower speeds... BTW, had I left the tuned ECU on, GTI would have been smoked.
    Funny thing, back in Nov-2016, on the very same stretch I had my 2015 F5 (it was MT) going very same speeds with three other cars. It must be something between me and F5s. Nice way to say good bye to each other.

FYI, I live in Lansing area (MI). 2015 F5 MT was purchased used in Bowling Green, KY in I think March 2015. Then, 2016 F5 AT was purchased in McHenry, IL where 2015 was left as a trade in. And just last weekend, getting Audi Q5 for my wife, we left F5 in Schaumburg, IL. All IL locations are basically Chicago area.

Since the Forte got sold, but the buyer was not interested in other accessories, I have a list of things that need to find a new owner.
    That is: oil pressure gauge, boost/vacuum gauge, dog bone mounts (both green and red - not used), winter wheels with OEM TPMS (16" alloys from Hyundai Sonata, 205/60x16), spare ECU with tune on it (just change VIN and have fun), front wiper blades (two new OEM ones), spare wheel kit (the wheel+tire with accessories)... and maybe a few more things.
    I will be listing them some time soon, but if you are interested in anything, let me know whenever.

Funny fact.
    I really felt sad.
    And I must have as my wife jokingly said (over a glass of wine) and I looked like I was about to cry...
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers)
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for my wife)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Sorry to see you go but sounds like maybe it was a good move for the fam.
    Maybe one day you will return to the KDM hottish hatch world.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Gotta make the moves that are right for you and your family! Put some prices on those items.
    2016 SX Silver
    Build Date 4/16
    In Service 2/13/17

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Whats the ecu price shipped to Texas and how is that VIN change number done?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Hi guys.

So... the story behind the sale is the following.
    I was very curious how it is to have an EV. That is why I got 2014 Fiat 500e. Up to 40 mph has take off of my non-tuned SX. Then, well, the motor is too small. However, there are things that you do not realise until you try. For example: instant heat on cold morning, instant response from the pedal (no turbo spool), quiet take off - no revving engine, regenerative braking, and no need to wait for the engine to warm up if I need to floor it.
    Sure, I can do only realistic 70 miles on one charge and then wait 3.5 hours, but on the other hand - how many times you put more than 30 miles a day? I do not. In the end, it costs me 30% to drive (fuel only, not to mention lack of oil changes, belts, filters...) comparing to Forte.
    Keeping 3 cars was not an option.

So when we picked up the Q5, I was not happy about driving both cars back home. Insurance, fuel, parking space...
    Gone.
    I am over it.

Now, regarding all the parts.
    I will be posting a thread with all what I have.
    I do not have everything priced yet... I took pictures and will post them.
    Some things can be shipped, some most likely local pickup (like wheels).

https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/29-...ights-map.html
    Last edited by PLP; 06-08-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers)
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for my wife)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors