What's your next car?
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What's your next car?

This is a discussion on What's your next car? within the Kia Forte Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; If you had to replace your Koup / Forte5 tomorrow what would you pick from the litter of options available in the market? I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What's your next car?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times

What's your next car?

If you had to replace your Koup / Forte5 tomorrow what would you pick from the litter of options available in the market?

I have to admit im a little interested in the new Veloster N because of the performance per dollar metric assuming Hyundai Canada doesn't pull a focus RS on us and charge it out of the poor mans enthusiasts budget. I think $33-35k is not unreasonable considering the Veloster Turbo is under $30k Canadian.

If they announce a hotter version of the Forte5 and still able to keep pricing relatively competitive I would prefer that as well. The jury is still out on the looks of the Veloster.

I will hit 4 years since I picked up the car in July and I'm still under 70,000km or 43,000miles so there's a lot of life in her yet.
    2014 "Black Mamba" Forte5 SX 6MT

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I think I would be shifting towards GTI.
    Larger engine, much wider support, better transmission (DSG), and better suspension (rear).
    It is, though, very popular Golf, not like Forte5 that actually is not so common. I see sedans a lot, a few Koups and a few 5s. Plus, I love the "sleeper" mode in my tuned F5.
    What stops me from GTI is lack of memory seats for example. Not a big deal one would say, but very usable when cleaning car or sharing the car with wife. She drives it sometimes.

If anything else?
    Veloster is a not. I dislike its shape. But more importantly it is its rear that cannot suit 2 kids (9 and 12).
    I would think Focus, but they come with MT only what is a problem for my wife.

Final word - there are days, when I feel the power in the car is rough (not smooth delivery, ECU is confused how to set boost and how much power to deliver so the car kind of shoots power) and I think that my next car would be NA engine. Something with V6 or so. Also, V6 will give nicer sound and NA engines have great gurgle with CAI... what cannot be said about Turbo'ed ones.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    I've always liked the Charger RT or Lexus IS platforms.

Ideally, either a IS350 F-Sport or Charger RT or SRT8... Hellcat if I could afford it.

Thought I always wanted an STI but that has died.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    I'm OK for now. I like the MPG I get. Gas is at $3.75 an with summer coming who knows. I still have to commute a few days a week for work.
    If anything I would buy an older Mustang (2012 or newer 3.7L V6 for me) and put a blower on it. LOL
    2014 Koup "SX" A/T Silver. Mods; Tint, 6th EE Delete Pipe, Sylvania SilverStar Head, Nokya Fog, Interior LEDs, Debadge (Forte) Trunk-75A Red Dogbone (one side only) Done.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    I sold my RAM RT, now I'm going to get or lease a Ford f-150 STX pkg. I'll test drive the 2019 Camaro Turbo 4 with the top line supension 1LE and see if I like it. I'm anticipating my commuter NEON to not last all that much longer. So I'll have a parking space for a new vehicle.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I would replace it with a Stinger GT but choose to keep the 5 and buy a second car.

Name:  36026539_10156166007181014_931996822216376320_n.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  182.2 KB
    Forte5GT and drc69 like this.

Forte 5 SX 1.6 Turbo AT

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Tesla model 3
    PLP likes this.

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobdude View Post
    Tesla model 3
    If it finally gets to 35k mark...
    Scoobdude likes this.

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I thought I would update my answer here.

I do not feel I am ready for purely electric car yet (I will miss the rumble of exhaust), but I would be very interested in a hybrid hot hatch.

There is already Golf GTE. Not in here (i.e. USA), of course, but we might be getting hybrid GTI (GTI-e?).
    If not VW, maybe other brand, Yet, I love this idea of having electric motor for low speed movement and recouping energy from braking.
    Since my commute is about 22 miles round trip, mainly city, up to 45 mph most of the time, it would be great choice. Of course if the price is right...

But it would have to be something like GTI hybrid, meaning DSG, not CVT... please.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    The Veloster N has touched down and $34,999 gets you the whole kitten kaboodle. If you take off the fanboy hat and look at it subjectively it is not a fantastic price point.

For a little more you can get the AWD 2.0T kia stinger. Probably a lot more practical than a gimped hatchback like the Veloster. Sure it may not be as exciting to drive but are the trade offs worth the sacrifice? As much as I like to get into one I'm not sure the boy racer desire will last forever. The stinger has enough beans if you want to give it some but also composure when you don't. The Veloster screams, race me! I won't even mention the grotesque civic type R, that is an embarrassment on a whole other level.

Alternatively the g70 may be a viable option. It is a nice grown up car but also has a wild side. In Canada you can get one with RWD and manual.
    PLP likes this.
    2014 "Black Mamba" Forte5 SX 6MT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors