Clutch fluid vs Brake fluid
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Clutch fluid vs Brake fluid within the Kia Forte Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; For a minute I was thinking the trans fluid ran through the hydraulic lines for the clutch. Is the fluid the same for clutch as ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By staax
  • 1 Post By PLP

Thread: Clutch fluid vs Brake fluid

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times

For a minute I was thinking the trans fluid ran through the hydraulic lines for the clutch.
    Is the fluid the same for clutch as brake? I'm not sure if the brake reservoir is also the clutch?
    Sorry for my lack of understanding as this is really my first manual and one to work on.
    Also are the lines connected together say if air from a brake leak affect the clutch?
    XXR 530 18x8 rims, KIA 3K emblems, Philips H11 Diamond Vision halogen bulbs, Tork subframe collars,
    CDV/clutch bypass, 2nd cat gutted, 65A bushings, XE ORHP v1, TurboXS BOV, 84400 MAP,
    custom grill, TB coolant bypass, XE 3TBS, 60mm TB, XE cold pipe, SXTH CAI, AEM dryflow filter,
    89 octane gas, KIA oil filters, Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30, Redline MT-85 GL-4 75W85, Amsoil HD coolant

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    On these cars the clutch and brakes use the same reservoir.

There are separate lines for the clutch and brakes though. So if you had a leak in your clutch line it would not affect the brakes unless all fluid leaked out of the reservoir and you draw air into the system.

Use DOT3 or DOT4 fluid only.
    15ForteSX likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Thanks staax, i'm just getting prepped and ready for the cdv or regulator bypass and just needed to make sure.

As far as bleeding the clutch line, are the methods similar to the last gen?

Bleeding the Clutch after CDV Removal for 2.0 Koup/Sedan (10-13) - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums
    XXR 530 18x8 rims, KIA 3K emblems, Philips H11 Diamond Vision halogen bulbs, Tork subframe collars,
    CDV/clutch bypass, 2nd cat gutted, 65A bushings, XE ORHP v1, TurboXS BOV, 84400 MAP,
    custom grill, TB coolant bypass, XE 3TBS, 60mm TB, XE cold pipe, SXTH CAI, AEM dryflow filter,
    89 octane gas, KIA oil filters, Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30, Redline MT-85 GL-4 75W85, Amsoil HD coolant

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    329 times
    I confirm.
    Clutch fluid lines are connected to the brake fluid and they use the very same fluid.

On my older Elantra (XD, 2001-2006) clutch was separate... then they changed it to my dislike.
    On the other hand, whenever you start loosing fluid, brake fluid reservoir has the check light. However, if clutch leaks, you loose brakes, too.
    So either way it messed up.
    15ForteSX likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    why did they stop there with the brake/clutch reservoir? with those results, the lines might as well all be connected together lol

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors