What did you do/get for your FT today? - Page 136
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What did you do/get for your FT today?

This is a discussion on What did you do/get for your FT today? within the Kia Forte Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Kia Forte Forum category; Originally Posted by Forte5GT How much were they and what shop? I'm also in the GTA. Thinking of getting some new wheels this summer but ...

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,353 of 1353
Like Tree645Likes

Thread: What did you do/get for your FT today?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times

What did you do/get for your FT today?

Quote Originally Posted by Forte5GT View Post
    How much were they and what shop? I'm also in the GTA.

Thinking of getting some new wheels this summer but I don't really want to drop $1500 for a set. For those interested in upgrading from stock wheels, I could potentially be selling a set of Konig Rennform 18x8 et40 with Firestone Indy 500 summer tires. I no longer have the Nexxen they came with because the shop bamboozled me and took kept them. I'll sell as a package for a good price if anyone local wants.

If I'm going to upgrade I'll just go to 19" and see how I like it.

I think 19" would really fill out the wells real nice.Attachment 16109Attachment 16111

Sorry for the non relevant pics but they're just so stanced. I don't know who that guy with the red windshuield banner is but he's also in Ontario representin!
    I actually picked them up right from Fifteen52. They had their spring cleaning sale and were 30% off. With conversion to CAD and duty they were still cheaper than anyone could get them for me here. I caution you on the 19”s, I’ve heard some other people doing 19x8.5 and getting some nasty tire rub. If you’ve lowered at all I would stick to 18’s. Just my opinion. I kept the stock Nexen’s which have a bit of stretch now and look mint imo. My plan is to pick up some Indy 500’s next season.

If you’re not already, you should join KDM Ontario on FB. Good place for some more inspiration and they’ll know where all the good shops are in the GTA. A couple dudes can bring in the Korean parts if you need them. I picked up some Storm Springs at a discount. Plus they all meet at the Krispy Kreme on Mavis road. I’m Kitchener/Waterloo and try to get out to a few a year. Good luck on the rim hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gnarkill; 04-07-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    2016 Forte5 SX Racing Red
    SXTH Element Engineering Short Ram Intake
    Evilla Motorsports Axle Back Exhaust
    3.0 K Emblem Set "Black Edition"
    Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Radiator Cap
    Kinetic Motorsports Oil Cap
    K5OS Engine Dress Bolts

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarkill View Post
    I actually picked them up right from Fifteen52. They had their spring cleaning sale and were 30% off. With conversion to CAD and duty they were still cheaper than anyone could get them for me here. I caution you on the 19”s, I’ve heard some other people doing 19x8.5 and getting some nasty tire rub. If you’ve lowered at all I would stick to 18’s. Just my opinion. I kept the stock Nexen’s which have a bit of stretch now and look mint imo. My plan is to pick up some Indy 500’s next season.

If you’re not already, you should join KDM Ontario on FB. Good place for some more inspiration and they’ll know where all the good shops are in the GTA. A couple dudes can bring in the Korean parts if you need them. I picked up some Storm Springs at a discount. Plus they all meet at the Krispy Kreme on Mavis road. I’m Kitchener/Waterloo and try to get out to a few a year. Good luck on the rim hunt!

Not big into FB but I'll look into it.

About rubbing, I already am when I bottom out on pot holes or bad undulations in the road so I try to be more careful when I'm running my summer setup. I think if I go 19s I would possibly raise the ride height a little more and still maintain the look I'm after. Time will tell.

Btw, did you use a heat gun to remove the front emblem or just floss / fishing line method?
    2014 "Black Mamba" Forte5 SX 6MT

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Forte5GT View Post
    Not big into FB but I'll look into it.

Btw, did you use a heat gun to remove the front emblem or just floss / fishing line method?
    I used floss, just make sure to double it up or even quadruple so it doesn’t snap as you’re sawing. The wax on the floss works a little better than they fishing line which is just smooth. Then once it was off I just used some microfibre cloth and goo gone to wipe away any sticky residue before applying the new badge.

2016 Forte5 SX Racing Red
    SXTH Element Engineering Short Ram Intake
    Evilla Motorsports Axle Back Exhaust
    3.0 K Emblem Set "Black Edition"
    Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Radiator Cap
    Kinetic Motorsports Oil Cap
    K5OS Engine Dress Bolts

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors