[VENDOR][FS] LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

[VENDOR][FS] LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store

This is a discussion on [VENDOR][FS] LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store within the K5 Optima Store forums, part of the Vendors category; Originally Posted by drc69 All good questions. Not cheap, but easy to install and take-off with not having to do anything else to the car ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [VENDOR][FS] LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store

Supporting Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drc69 View Post
    All good questions. Not cheap, but easy to install and take-off with not having to do anything else to the car might not be a bad thing. JMO
    I guess it depends what one would consider cheap or not. Growing up with muscle cars and owning a 1990 Fox Body Mustang, making 30hp for $600 is a steal considering that it comes out to 10hp for every $200. You usually spend more than that on an intake which would not even net 10hp. I do agree that it is super simple to install or remove though, usually taking 5 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014:1.6lT View Post
    Although I think this is a pretty cool set up, especially with no portable options available... For $500, I got a tork tune, and on 91 octane I put 220 HP to the wheels.... I'm sure a lot went into your product, but the price may be a bit much I think...
    Thanks we think so too!

The only difference between this product and a full fledged ECU tune, is that this product is 100% undetectable once removed from the vehicle. Unlike other full ECU tunes where it can be detected by the dealer or manufacturer even if you have a spare ECU that you swap out after let's say the engine goes for whatever reason. Many tuners will swear this is not the case, but we have multiple Master Techs with Kia that are our customers, and we have confirmed that when Kia sends out the FTR (Field Tech Representative) with the equipment to study the ECU, they are able to see a lapse in information data logged.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora15 View Post
    What if you have other mods in the car, you run 93 octane. Does this chip still only produce a extra 30 HP? Also how much torque will it produce for the forte ?
    No of course other mods will contribute to the overall HP that the vehicle makes. This product will make up to 30hp on a stock vehicle with no other modifications. This product is not for everyone, however if you're looking for a boost in performance and HP and want to keep your factory warranty in tact, this is a great product to go with. After selling over 340 of these in the past 15 months or so, the feedback and reviews have been great! As far as the exact torque gains, that is shown in the Dyno posted above in this thread.
    PLP likes this.
    K5 Optima Store
    (213) 785-7512
    [email protected] /
    "Your one-stop shop for Kia & Hyundai OEM/Aftermarket parts"

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Just like to add to this .
    One the lap3 uncle is the only safe system like it in the market . Two to maintain a level of safe you need to run the proper requested items . Hks heat range 9 plugs or similar . They are the m45xl , you need to also run the set octane level . When adding a system like this it's also a good idea to let the car get use to it . So running around boosting like a mad man you are adding stress to your car . If you later add mods you need to let the car adapt to the mods added so the average day or two adjustment time before you start to see the car level out . We have an adaptive learning feature so she will adjust over time to optimize what's going on . Now on to dealer detection . They can not tell what is on the car but they can see data logs of odd running. Like if you live in a state like Arizona but the car is saying it's been cold out enough to alter the fuel ratio lol . They will also wonder why the car went down and start searching for anything else you touched . So the lap3 won't be the blame but they will look for anything to walk away from the warranty . Now
    The system does work and reported from a novice it's still working with no issue . If there is an issue , most likely the wires are backwards . If that's not the case then I suggest removing the system and checking out the entire car for problems . One main spot is the gapping of the plugs . They must be at .028!! One off plug can offset the system and even with a tune you can have major issues down the line . If you run this car like that misfires can occur and with that heavy carbon build up .

Be safe and be smart . Tuning is great and fun but blindly going into a modification with out proper preparation can cause large headaches .
    All in this system will cost you $650 tops because you need the plugs . I do also recommend getting catch cans because a ton of crap comes out when you increase boost levels.
    [email protected] likes this.
    Mods:
    Prosport Evo boost gauge 60mm premium
    SXTH V2 vaccum block
    Synapse Syncronic BOV
    SXTH Sri
    HKS M40XL
    845Motorsports FMIC upgraded core
    Luxon stage one kit
    Scale Inovative coil-overs
    845 motorsports tuned
    Full 845 turbo back 3" exhaust with HKS hipower evo 8 muffler
    Map/boost sensor upgrade 84400/2B050
    soon to come EBC and BOVC Bullet valve solenoid

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caezar View Post
    Just like to add to this .
    You sound like you have/had this...

KIA report on Veloster forum
    New Turbo and mods - Page 2

So if this can be used on multiple vehicles and can be resold, will the connectors work?? We might be getting Hyundai... will this work on Hyundai as well if I remove it from KIA?
    Last edited by PLP; 06-25-2016 at 06:11 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    I had the competition . The biggest issue with the lap3 is it has no real install instructions .so people a lot of times install it backwards Also people have a bad habit of reseting their PCM to help adapt new items into the setup . But when you do this you must reset your throttle . If you do not fully understand how things work it's best to have a shop install it for you. My system tampered with controls it should not have had access to like the waste gate sensor control. How it did this I have no idea but it's the one thing bytectronic has over the lap3 to make more power but it's something that in the gamma should not be tampered with on a piggy back . The lap3 has 3 settings and it alters them at a set point as the BT1 is a micro processor that changes parameters on the fly . I can tell you a lot of times people do things of what you don't see. I can honestly tell you I did a few bad things that led to my motor to blow because of the combination of mods . You have to understand how parts work and how a company sells its product . You do not install this on a big turbo mod .!! You would have to be bat shit crazy ! Because big turbo works at low psi so ramping up to 23psi you would blow your head off the car into your niegjbors yard lmfao !!! Understand this is for light mods and setup for a stock control unit . Adding things like snoopy panda mods , big turbo or tuned PCMs will alter this setup and cause engine damage .
    PLP likes this.
    Mods:
    Prosport Evo boost gauge 60mm premium
    SXTH V2 vaccum block
    Synapse Syncronic BOV
    SXTH Sri
    HKS M40XL
    845Motorsports FMIC upgraded core
    Luxon stage one kit
    Scale Inovative coil-overs
    845 motorsports tuned
    Full 845 turbo back 3" exhaust with HKS hipower evo 8 muffler
    Map/boost sensor upgrade 84400/2B050
    soon to come EBC and BOVC Bullet valve solenoid

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    I'd like to see someone finally Crack the shift rpms and auto shifting in manual mode on the automatics...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I wonder how different these ecus truly are to what im used to tuning. The difference in torque output sounds like a tq demand/ tq max table issue and there's no reason that shift points and manual control shouldnt be able to be altered. I have zero experience with what these ecus look like though so im just curious what makes them so hard to tune. Its possible that kia/Hyundai are using part of the trans ecu tuning to limit tq on autos. Generally ive always found autos left more on the table tuning wise.
    2014:1.6lT likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014:1.6lT View Post
    I'd like to see someone finally Crack the shift rpms and auto shifting in manual mode on the automatics...
    yeah, it's called a MT. lol just messin bro. it's not that nice to rev my car out even with a MT. yes it does depend on certain situations like if i'm racing someone and i need a gear to hold for longer, or i like to hold it to redline so i can hear a cool snap crackle pop when it maxes out in that gear. but i would imagine AT's are just fine with the shift points for keeping you in the power range. i can understand though about you wanting to be in control of your R's
    FULLY BOLTED AND TUNED

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mine shifts like 300 before redline.... I wish they woulda had a manual.. But autos are faster stock haha

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    962 times
    Honestly there is no reason to have it shift right at redline. Anything after 6K tuned or stock isn't that great anyways. I hold 22.9 till 6k then tapers to 20 right after 6k. So I learned to shift at 6k with my car to keep her in the power band I want.
    CrazyFritter likes this.
    15 F5 A/T , 6th intake, Rev Motorsports 75A & 65A dogbone bushings, Second cat delete, Custom FMIC, 2.5" exhaust with Pypes muffler, TurboSmart Vee Port Pro , 2 ADD W1 catch cans, Transmission Cooler, DEI Wrapped intake, Custom 3"-2.5" lower intake pipe, Oil Cooler (needs to be installed), TB coolant bypass, Tork Motorsports tuned, Prosport boost gauge, NST lightweight pulleys, 60mm TB, Storm lowering springs, 3" single exit axle back.
    Instagram: Forte5t
    Team Hybrid

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    You miss one more thing here, which is How quickly tachometer shows you true RPM.
    It might be RPM is already at redline, but tacho is still 300 behind. Also, ECU/PCM can predict how long the shift takes and when it must start shifting to NOT hit rev limiter, because if it does - engine will stall. And your acceleration is killed.

I would like to know exactly what Lap 3 does. Does it affect compressor and when and how it spins?
    Very good points, [mention]Caezar[/mention].

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors