Subframe collars When will they be back in stock?
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Subframe collars When will they be back in stock? within the Tork Motorsports forums, part of the Vendors category; I'm finally ready to do some small mods and now these are out of stock... is there an ETA or does anyone have other suggestions? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Subframe collars When will they be back in stock?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times

I'm finally ready to do some small mods and now these are out of stock... is there an ETA or does anyone have other suggestions? I thought I saw another vendor carry their own version but can't find them now...
    '16 F5 SX 6M Snow White Pearl - Bought new 3/2/17

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Danbfree - are you going to do the Intercooler resonator delete pipe? If so, I'd wait and get both from Tork to save on shipping.
    #Fear the K!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shagger View Post
    Danbfree - are you going to do the Intercooler resonator delete pipe? If so, I'd wait and get both from Tork to save on shipping.
    I already got the res delete pipe from Sxth back in April, I now wish I had combo'd those 2 from Tork back then, but I guess I hadn't determined or researched enough to know I needed those collars... But ya, I swear I saw another vendor with them too but just can't figure out which...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I did collars and now I am not sure if they helped any... I should drive one without them to actually see any difference.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers)
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for my wife)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    I did collars and now I am not sure if they helped any... I should drive one without them to actually see any difference.
    Ya, I'm starting to wonder myself... With my '16 I don't have the fuel pump or electrical ground probs other people have had, nor some of even the steering issues "wandering" or what not... well, ya i guess I do, not tons of confidence in taking curves without all kinds of steering adjustments, it's the collars I was hoping would help with that... I also do have the front poly bushings coming, but the rear is so bad I'm, probably gonna trade in for something full independent, it's just so much hassle to have to do a million mods just to get the car to where it should be to start with, with no definitive advice on how to help with the rear that just wants to bounce sideways on bumps etc...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Ya, I'm starting to wonder myself... With my '16 I don't have the fuel pump or electrical ground probs other people have had, nor some of even the steering issues "wandering" or what not... well, ya i guess I do, not tons of confidence in taking curves without all kinds of steering adjustments, it's the collars I was hoping would help with that... I also do have the front poly bushings coming, but the rear is so bad I'm, probably gonna trade in for something full independent, it's just so much hassle to have to do a million mods just to get the car to where it should be to start with, with no definitive advice on how to help with the rear that just wants to bounce sideways on bumps etc...
    Danbfree - don't be such an impatient be-atch. I have rear shocks, rear bushings and shock eyelets "in the can" for handling improvements. I'll post photos and results of the install. The collars DO WORK very nicely. As you install the front frame bushings, they contribute to roll stiffness and the rear end starts to behave. Then I'll get the front end links going and you don't have to trade you r car in.........
    Take a chill pill - I didn't know you Oregonian's were so edgy.
    danbfree likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyracer View Post
    Danbfree - don't be such an impatient be-atch. I have rear shocks, rear bushings and shock eyelets "in the can" for handling improvements. I'll post photos and results of the install. The collars DO WORK very nicely. As you install the front frame bushings, they contribute to roll stiffness and the rear end starts to behave. Then I'll get the front end links going and you don't have to trade you r car in.........
    Take a chill pill - I didn't know you Oregonian's were so edgy.
    LOL, I'm definitely not the typical too laid-back, slow driving, settle for a Camry or Forester Oregonian, that's for sure! I'm sure you remember my "disappointed" thread, where after 3000 miles in I was having a lot of regret buying this car... Anyway, I have been reading more about rear suspension improvements, I'm just worried it would be all for nothing if I can't stand how it's torsion beam will just bounce the ass-end around when both shocks take a hit at the same time. Unless we can convert to an independent strut setup, I don't think upgrades would ever resolve that... I mean, I could go with a set of coilovers, for $700 or less it's not too horribly expensive to lower it some and better rebound and all that, I just don't think the main thing of the rear bouncing around on bad roads is something that could be overcome being stuck with torsion beam rear...

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    nor some of even the steering issues "wandering" or what not...
    Happens mainly at higher speeds, say 70-90 mph when you hit brakes while making a turn. I felt a big shift. It was surprising, but nothing I could not handle.
    This is nothing comparing to some of my old cars with drum brakes all around without brake booster and not even braking. That was a challenge to stop a car when one front wheel is already locked.

However, I was saying that right now I lost the feel of a difference. I doubt the car shifts (frame) while driving. It may bent a bit and the collars should minimize it. For sure, days after installation I felt the front to feel tighter. Nothing huge, but improvement.

trade in for something full independent, it's just so much hassle to have to do a million mods just to get the car to where it should be to start with, with no definitive advice on how to help with the rear that just wants to bounce sideways on bumps etc...
    I agree. It requires too much of attention.
    Independent - that would be Elantra GT Sport or Elantra Sport (Sedan).
    I personally would still fall for hatchback despite the back getting dirty so quickly.
    danbfree likes this.
    Drives:

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    Happens mainly at higher speeds, say 70-90 mph when you hit brakes while making a turn. I felt a big shift. It was surprising, but nothing I could not handle.
    This is nothing comparing to some of my old cars with drum brakes all around without brake booster and not even braking. That was a challenge to stop a car when one front wheel is already locked.

However, I was saying that right now I lost the feel of a difference. I doubt the car shifts (frame) while driving. It may bent a bit and the collars should minimize it. For sure, days after installation I felt the front to feel tighter. Nothing huge, but improvement.

I agree. It requires too much of attention.
    Independent - that would be Elantra GT Sport or Elantra Sport (Sedan).
    I personally would still fall for hatchback despite the back getting dirty so quickly.
    Thanks for the honest advice and the Hyundai's are an option I'm considering... What's interesting is that the sedan Sport seems to handle and steer even a little better than the Hatchback Sport, this is according to all the reviews I read that mentioned both.. I have now gone from HB to sedan like twice each over the past few years so I wouldn't mind going back to sedan once again, especially since in this case the new GT Sport simply looks uglier than the F5 SX I have now! LOL

Anyway, knowing the suspension and steering is dialed in pretty proper from the start sounds extremely appealing to me.. the little 1.6l is a hoot for what it is and tuning just brings it more alive... I'll have to see what kind of incentives are out there so that in maybe 6 months, along with better credit, can trade in on one with no payment increase...

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    the new GT Sport simply looks uglier than the F5 SX I have now!
    I know. I love the back, although it is more like a Golf... but front and profile - Mazda or something. Just the front does not talk to me at all.

I'll have to see what kind of incentives are out there so that in maybe 6 months, along with better credit, can trade in on one with no payment increase...
    Good luck.
    Drives:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors