Stage 1 Tune Package Question..
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Stage 1 Tune Package Question.. within the Tork Motorsports forums, part of the Vendors category; Hi guys, can you break down what all these mean? Forte 1.6T Stage 1 Tune - dfdd00462 ($595.50) | remove - Shipping Options: Next Day ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By 2014Forte5
  • 2 Post By 15ForteSX
  • 2 Post By PLP
  • 1 Post By PLP
  • 1 Post By PLP
  • 1 Post By 2014Forte5

Thread: Stage 1 Tune Package Question..

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times

Hi guys, can you break down what all these mean?

Forte 1.6T Stage 1 Tune - dfdd00462 ($595.50) | remove
    - Shipping Options: Next Day Air (+$32.00)

- Boost Building Launch Control: RPM Limit 5000 (+$250.00)

Is this not part of the tune software and simply an extra added value to the tune? I don't know how tunes work but I assume it's just codes you guys put into the software/tune to allow it to have launch control where it was missing from he factory. And since our cars don't have launch control from the factory, how do we engage it without a button or function in the console.

- P2261 Code Delete: Yes (+$50.00)

I looked this code up and it says it's a Turbo/Super Charger Bypass Valve - Mechanical. If I don't click this option, does it mean I will get a CEL? What's the outcome if I don't select this?

- Pops And Gurgles Exhaust: Yes (+$100.00)

What exhaust is this? Is it the dump exhaust you guys are selling because it doesn't 'look' like a full exhaust system certainly the price isn't indicative of that. What are we getting for $100.

Apologies if these questions seem remedial but I'm just learning still. I didn't know what a Catback exhaust was until recently as it is an exhaust starting from the Catalytic converter back to the car and Axel Back, etc.

Thanks
    PLP likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    i would like to know these too
    2014Forte5 and PLP like this.
    XXR 530 18x8 rims, KIA 3K emblems, Philips H11 Diamond Vision halogen bulbs, Tork subframe collars,
    CDV/clutch bypass, 2nd cat gutted, 65A bushings, XE ORHP v1, TurboXS BOV, 84400 MAP,
    custom grill, TB coolant bypass, XE 3TBS, 60mm TB, XE cold pipe, SXTH CAI, AEM dryflow filter,
    89 octane gas, KIA oil filters, Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30, Redline MT-85 GL-4 75W85, Amsoil HD coolant

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    My understanding from reading it somewhere is that:

launch control is allowing you to brake torque for a limited time (now, regardless of TC on or off if you depress brake and gas - engine dies. I mean, it goes till a moment and then dies). It was not really triggered by anything, just the two pedals and it goes. It would build up pressure releasing excess via BOV, but turbo would be pumping and keeping engine speed at 2500 rpm (or whatever it was designed). And then once brake released it goes. As for MT - if it is available, it would simply keep engine speed at the limit with full boost (via BOV). But not sure how this one would be triggered. Maybe would be set like this by default or only happen when clutch depressed and 1st gear in.
    My personal take - no more than 2500 rpm as anything above it simply kills traction. Even now, with stock tune, stock tires, just KN drop, I can torque it up to about 2000 rpm and let it go - tires are spinning (not really burning, though) even on a very good pavement.
    One comment - it may kill the safety feature - kill engine if brake is depressed (so called runaway car/engine). To overcome possibility of "stuck gas pedal" once the gas is depressed and brake at the same time - engine is killed. I am not sure, but it seems it would make this not really happening.

the code - some get it, some do not. I am not even sure why they charge extra for it... from my readings, this CEL would not do anything, would not affect the drive ability. But then you never know if something else is happening at the same time...

pops - allowing the backfires in the exhaust. Your exhaust. Extra "feature" that makes your WOT louder and funnier.
    danbfree and 15ForteSX like this.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers) - SOLD...
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2015 AUDI Q5 (for wife...)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for wife)

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    PLP is right, I think the launch control, only available on manual, holds RPM at 2500 when you floor it while stopped. Then easy to just dump clutch to take off at the right RPM instead of guessing.. Code delete option is for when you run a race downpipe and have no cat converter, it will throw a code unless you go that option. If you keep the factory downpipe w/main cat in place then you don't need this... And yes, the 3rd is simply crackle and burble for any exhaust, done right in the software... Beats the hell out of me why someone would pay for that, but it is what it is... Also, feel free to reach out to them directly if you have more questions. I know I'm curious on some different tune options myself, but if I end up keeping my car long term I think I'm going to go with a "Stage 0" or "Super Stock" tune some of the vendors offer for around $375... no added hardware needed, car runs smoother and about 20 HP.
    '16 F5 SX 6M Snow White Pearl - Bought new 3/2/17

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    I think I'm going to go with a "Stage 0" or "Super Stock" tune some of the vendors offer for around $375... no added hardware needed, car runs smoother and about 20 HP.
    That's what I thought, too. Stage 0, or 0.5 (if that's what they call it). Make it smoother and run cleaner. According to tuners, it will run less rich (what supposed to improve fuel economy) and you stop having issues with soot.
    danbfree likes this.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers) - SOLD...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    That's what I thought, too. Stage 0, or 0.5 (if that's what they call it). Make it smoother and run cleaner. According to tuners, it will run less rich (what supposed to improve fuel economy) and you stop having issues with soot.
    Right on, I figured it was simply more fine tuned, help get rid of the stutter, A/F dialed in better for better accuracy for power and mileage... I plan on doing a 2nd cat gutting next weekend so less soot is good! Since this is the Tork sub-forum, I'll say that I'm intrigued by their $1000 Power Bundle, especially when I'm 2.5 hours driving distance from them I am considering that as well, but they need to get their Collars back in stock too!
    '16 F5 SX 6M Snow White Pearl - Bought new 3/2/17

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    especially when I'm 2.5 hours driving distance from them I am considering that as well, but they need to get their Collars back in stock too!
    yeah... that is 2.5 days of driving for me lol
    danbfree likes this.
    Drives:

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    yeah... that is 2.5 days of driving for me lol
    Road trip!
    PLP likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors