New here. Car problems. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New here. Car problems.

This is a discussion on New here. Car problems. within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; OK so the car has been running great. Seems to have all its power. No check engine lights. No pending cel's. It's idling smoothly. Seemingly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New here. Car problems.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK so the car has been running great. Seems to have all its power. No check engine lights. No pending cel's. It's idling smoothly. Seemingly no problems. Before the previously mentioned issues arose I was regularly getting 28-29 mpg according to the display on the dash. While I was having the problems the mpg dropped down to 22 mpg. Well since I fixed the problems the mpg has only went back up to 24.5 and has been on a steady decline since. It's right at 23.9 now. I have it set up so the mpg does not reset with every fill-up. Air pressure is good in the tires. One thing I haven't done was replace the original spark plugs yet. Lephoenix mentioned something about extra stress being put on the coils during the previous ordeal. Could this have something to do with my decreased mileage?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Are your driving habits any different? What about the weather? When it is really hot I think I have seen my mpg go down. I just checked the weather in San Antonio and it looks fairly warm.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It has been pretty hot here. I'm even farther south than San Antonio. Triple digits at this time of year are commonplace. One thing i know for sure that is affecting it some is idling. Picking up my daughter from workouts and softball I sometimes sit with the car running because I got there early or she gets out late. I don't think it should affect it that much though. Also my wife has been working from home lately so the car has been getting more city driving than highway driving. And I realize both of these situations will affect my mpg. It just seems a little excessive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    There could be an underlying issue. If you had a coil problem I would expect you to be still having misfires.

And it does seem excessive. But I have noticed similar swings in my mileage over my last 5 years of ownership. It can be frustrating and even brand new we don't get good mileage unless you really are trying. Even then its not really "good" by today's standards. Losing 4-5 mpg with excessive ambient temps, longer than normal idling, and increased city driving isn't too surprising to me though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors