What Tires Would you Recommend? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What Tires Would you Recommend?

This is a discussion on What Tires Would you Recommend? within the Kia Forte Turbo Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by 2014Forte5 Who makes those? BF Goodrich is the maker, but I am not sure where they are made, China, etc... I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What Tires Would you Recommend?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014Forte5 View Post
    Who makes those?
    BF Goodrich is the maker, but I am not sure where they are made, China, etc... I have put about 10K miles on them and they are pretty sticky and have survived a pothole that broke my OEM wheel without throwing the a belt, etc...
    #Fear the K!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Good to know. I'm leaning on those. It was actually in the list of tires I listed but wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shagger View Post
    BF Goodrich is the maker, but I am not sure where they are made, China, etc... I have put about 10K miles on them and they are pretty sticky and have survived a pothole that broke my OEM wheel without throwing the a belt, etc...
    Yeah my 16" are winters on black steel rims. My 18" Konig wheels are summer only and if I go with the Comp2, and when my BC coilovers are installed, I'm probably going to go low and slow. I'm pretty reckless going over speed bumps and bad roads; we have plenty of those here.

Dufferin Street branded Toronto?s worst road for 2017 - Toronto | Globalnews.ca

One such example. I use this road quite a bit as well.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Should I get new tires put on before or after the coilovers? How does that affect alignment, balance, etc?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Is it out of line to respond to a post a year and half later?
    Lately I've been doing quite a bit of research on tires since one of my Nexens tires wore out. The other 3 tires had about 34 % life remaining. I didn't have any complaints with the Nexens , but I had a hunch I could do better and didn't want to buy two tires and be stuck on a "Nexen merry-go round. I went to America's Tire and asked for Continental Purecontact LS since it got a rave review by consumer reports. The customer service person said they weren't made anymore (which I found out was misinformation) and got Yokohama Sport A/S (an all season tire). They were very soft and comfortable and performed well on dry pavement (that's all I tested them on). Consumer Reports said they did well in most phases except on snow. Despite being comfortable and cornering better than the Nexens, my mileage decreased by ~20%. I understand mileage goes down on new tires, but 20%? I then learned that Continental Purecontact LS were still made and complained to America's Tire. To their credit they apologized and agreed to swap them out and did (without any additional charge despite being nominally a little more expensive). What a difference! These make my Forte5 SX feel luxurious compared to the Nexens as they absorb road imperfections much better. They handle high speed cornering with more stability too. Most importantly to me is that they are quiet. They are guaranteed to last 70,000 miles but CR's said they can last up to 90,000 according to their tests. And to my relief they can squeeze out excellent mileage if I drive ~ 72 mph (ave is 31 -32 mpg ). Maybe they'll do better after they are broken in a bit. I look forward to testing them wet and snow conditions.... One final note, they are more quiet than the Yokohamas and feel better too.
    PLP likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors