Aftermarket Wheels for the Forte Turbo - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Aftermarket Wheels for the Forte Turbo

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Wheels for the Forte Turbo within the Kia Forte Turbo Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; [QUOTE=MikeyB;2180]I finally got some photos of my new wheels and tires. I went with 18 x 8 +45 gunmetal Enkei Raijins with 225/40ZR18 Continental ExtremeContact ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Aftermarket Wheels for the Forte Turbo

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    [QUOTE=MikeyB;2180]I finally got some photos of my new wheels and tires. I went with 18 x 8 +45 gunmetal Enkei Raijins with 225/40ZR18 Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Now I just need a slight drop

Looks sweet MikeyB! Interesting that we both ended up with 18x8 at 45+ offset - I think it's a perfect fit. Love the Enkei Raijins (always have) but they were out of my price range.

Cheers,

Johno.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Hey hon, I peeked under the rear and I see no reason why a 9 inch +55 wouldn't work. The rear would look good with another 2 or 3 mm poke and there is still plenty of room on the inner side of the wheel. There is also more than a two finger gap between the tire and the inner liner in the rear too. I can't see up under the front without lifting it so I will check it out next time I have it up. I'm waiting on poly bushings for the rear motor mount to come in so I will check it when I install those.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with how my set fits. For me, the front is perfect. The rear could use that extra few mm's of poke but I'm not a fan of spacers and not really sure about a staggered setup on a FWD.

Here are a some more shots that might help...

Name:  IMG_7538.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  230.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7539.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  250.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7541.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  288.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7555.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  98.6 KB
    CDN CEE'D GT likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    [QUOTE=Johno;2199]
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
    I finally got some photos of my new wheels and tires. I went with 18 x 8 +45 gunmetal Enkei Raijins with 225/40ZR18 Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Now I just need a slight drop

Looks sweet MikeyB! Interesting that we both ended up with 18x8 at 45+ offset - I think it's a perfect fit. Love the Enkei Raijins (always have) but they were out of my price range.

Cheers,

Johno.
    Thanks Johno! The 18 x 8 +45 was what was I leaning towards when using the online wheel and tire calculators but it was your photo/post that made up my mind for sure. I really like the fit too.
    2014 Forte5 SX 6 Speed MT

Cerma
    6th EE SR, Res Delete, Shifter & Cable Bushings, Catch Cans
    Cosmo Short Shifter
    60mm TB w/ Coolent Bypass Mod
    Duel AeroForce Interceptor Gauges
    AC DQ-61 processor - Focal 165 KRX2 & 165 KRC - 2 10" Diamond Elite Subs - MMATS SQ4160 & M1000.1 Amps
    18x8 +45 Enkei Raijin (gunmetal) w/ 225/40ZR18 Conti ExtremeContact DW

Pending:
    6th EE FMIC and Lower Engine Mount
    Tork Catless DP & Collars
    Custom 3 inch Exhaust
    BC Racing Coilovers
    NST Pulley Set
    Tune

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    [QUOTE=MikeyB;2203]
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post

Thanks Johno! The 18 x 8 +45 was what was I leaning towards when using the online wheel and tire calculators but it was your photo/post that made up my mind for sure. I really like the fit too.
    That's so cool that my post was able to help you out. I was so rapt with how mine turned out, so it's great to see others get some benefit too. I spent ages checking out different options, and unfortunately only came upon the online offset calculator late in the piece - I could have saved a lot of mucking around and a couple of trial fits if I had found it sooner. I reckon hot wheels make any car look a million times better, and I love the look of mine with the Kudos wheels, while yours with the Enkeis looks just as sweet. I admire mine every time I park it and walk away, turning around all the time - my family thinks I'm nuts .
    MikeyB likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    cant wait for some wheels!

Member #
    Member #
    Anybody know the centre bore?? I'm pretty sure its 67.1 just making sure tho

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Yes it is. Just got winter tires with aftermarket wheels and had to buy centric rings.
    2014 Forte Koup SX 6MT
    2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD - (Wifes)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Has anyone ever had any issues with aftermarket wheels and centric rings? I noticed a small vibration today on way home. I got some alum ones but they were not as snug as I thought they would be. In the wheel there is maybe 1mm or less of play. Thought I would of had to tap it in. Have to use these tuner lug nuts and special socket, just seems like a pain. I've always used stock wheels for summer and steels with right hub size for winter. After doing lots of reading. It appears the hub rings are just there to help you bolt it on center and don't actually do anything else. But some argue otherwise. now I just picked up my wife's aftermarket wheels and blizzaks and same thing.

If anyone is wondering. Stock wheels and tires are 49.2lbs. .... my 16x7 and studded 205 55 16 winter force tires are 40.8lbs.
    Heavy stock wheels. .....
    CDN CEE'D GT likes this.
    2014 Forte Koup SX 6MT

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I re torqued the nuts yesterday, none were loose or anything but got up to 160km/h today and no vibrations so must be good now....
    2014 Forte Koup SX 6MT

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    What's the stock offset on our 18's? I'm looking at 17x8.5 rims with a 35 offset but thinking that it's probably going to stick out too far but of course can't be sure without knowing the stock spacing.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors