I don't understand why BBK aren't universal. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I don't understand why BBK aren't universal.

This is a discussion on I don't understand why BBK aren't universal. within the Kia Forte Forte Brakes forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Well the most important thing is you cant just slap any caliper and rotor onto a car, you need to make sure the bias would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I don't understand why BBK aren't universal.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well the most important thing is you cant just slap any caliper and rotor onto a car, you need to make sure the bias would actually increase performance and that the master cyl is up to the task of moving the required fluid for the new calipers.

The cheapest option in fixed calipers would be nissan 300zx twin turbo 4 pot calipers. These are the same calipers that are found on 4pot equipped WRX's and use the same pad as an STI so you would have an endless supply of pad compounds, but the mounting tabs are in a diff location and substantially cheaper. However if the master cylinder is not up to the task of moving enough fluid for a larger caliper your stopping distance will be much longer then if you simply put some good pads like stop teck or carbotechs on.

If you guys are serious about wanting to look into 4pot fixed caliper options send an email to https://www.knsbrakes.com IIRC his name is John and he created a bracket to use z32TT aluminum calipers on 02-07 WRX's useing a legacy GT rotor, these calipers use the same pads as the STI brembo's at a fraction of the price and a rotor nearly just as large (larger rotors give you more braking TQ and more surface area to soak up heat, this combats fade) He may be able to help.
    Playwithmymind likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Ceika performance have BBK for Kia models.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by upforspeed View Post
    Ceika performance have BBK for Kia models.
    http://ceikaperformance.com/_downloa...2013_(ENG).pdf

Umm, Ceramic? Whoa that'd be nice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    iraceautosports.com

They are official Wilwood carriers and said they can custom make a kit for our cars.

I bought some BC Racing coilovers from them and they seem to do some research into whether parts work or not on our cars and they do have a bit of racing background so I'm sure they know what they're doing.

https://www.iraceautosports.com/prod...preza-wrx-sti/

Do you guys know if there are any adverse consequences of putting all the stopping power in the front and leaving the rear stock? Will the car spin out in a full stomp emergency stop scenario?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors