Auto trans (non dct) limitations?
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Auto trans (non dct) limitations? within the Kia Forte Turbo Performance forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Since my 5 year factory just expired. I was going to start modding. For those running a 2014 to 2016 Forte Koup or Forte5 auto ...

Thread: Auto trans (non dct) limitations?

Member #
    Member #

Since my 5 year factory just expired. I was going to start modding. For those running a 2014 to 2016 Forte Koup or Forte5 auto (non dct). Has anyone crossed the threshold of where it is too much power for the auto tranny to handle reliably as a daily?

What do you think that whp reliability threshold is ? 250whp ?

Thanks.

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    333 times
    OEM is 200 HP, maybe 180 WHP. I had tune that pushed maybe another 20 or so.
    I really used it a lot and never had a problem. Yes. I had the car for only 22k miles and tune was for about 12k.

Per design I cannot tell you how much it can handle. Maybe other cars were using it...
    Drives:
    2019 Chevrolet Bolt
    2015 AUDI Q5 (for wife...)
    Previous:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T (for sale some remaining aftermarket parts - see SALE forum)
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2015 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, M/T
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD (for wife)
    and many others like: Dodge Intrepid, Kia Rondo, Fiat 126p, Trabant 1.1...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKoup15 View Post
    Since my 5 year factory just expired. I was going to start modding. For those running a 2014 to 2016 Forte Koup or Forte5 auto (non dct). Has anyone crossed the threshold of where it is too much power for the auto tranny to handle reliably as a daily?

What do you think that whp reliability threshold is ? 250whp ?

Thanks.
    Is your goal to hit 250whp? If so, that should be easily obtainable. I'm pretty sure there are a number of VT's and Forte's running around with that much power goin through their auto's. I haven't heard of anyone's auto trans goin out. The DCT will start to slip around 275-280 whp from what I have read. The auto can hold more than that.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors