Acceleration problems (RaceChip edition) - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Acceleration problems (RaceChip edition)

This is a discussion on Acceleration problems (RaceChip edition) within the Kia Forte Turbo Performance forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Well hopefully your tests go well. What did you do to figure out the issue? And what level/setting do you have the Racechip on now?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Acceleration problems (RaceChip edition)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Well hopefully your tests go well.

What did you do to figure out the issue? And what level/setting do you have the Racechip on now?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lephoenix View Post
    Well hopefully your tests go well.

What did you do to figure out the issue? And what level/setting do you have the Racechip on now?
    Still on 5. When I go out tomorrow, I'm going to spend the entire day on 6 to get a feel for that and then 7 the day after tomorrow since the work shifts I have the next 2 days will allow me to have less traffic while driving and get a feel for them. I'm almost certain one of the lower settings will solve all my problems but may as well give the big numbers a shot first.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenletters View Post
    Still on 5. When I go out tomorrow, I'm going to spend the entire day on 6 to get a feel for that and then 7 the day after tomorrow since the work shifts I have the next 2 days will allow me to have less traffic while driving and get a feel for them. I'm almost certain one of the lower settings will solve all my problems but may as well give the big numbers a shot first.
    Good luck. Hope it goes well!
    Report back with your results if you feel like it. I am for sure interested in what you have to say about this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm just gonna use this thread to compile thoughts during the whole experiment. Also, my car's battery is reportedly below half of its maximum (Just stating that as probably the only variable in this whole thing). Regardless, decided to try going up to 6 for the last couple days and my Torque app noted that I had a Pending Code: P0234. This could be from the settings I had it on, simply because it's been about a week and the sensor's plug is iffy due to the chip being plugged into it, but it is most likely just due to how this chip works in general and if anything, I may end up just selling or returning the thing after all is said and done because it's becoming more and more obvious why they only made units for euro-performance cars for so long. Our turbos obviously weren't made for this kind of output that the chip attempts to access when you start going hard enough since it seems like the only thing you CAN do to fight this outcome is to just shove in a bigger snail and that's something I'm not willing to do (yet... maybe?) because of voiding warranties (Although I feel like the warranty doesn't cover shit anyways just because of the small list of things that happened to my car prior to this that they didn't cover). Regardless, I'm going to take it down to 4 since I don't think I was ever going to attempt 7 to begin with. Also,m the engine knocking has become very minimal now and most times, never happens the entire time the car is running. The code does scare me though since it could lead to me having a very expensive brick on my hands so I may have it looked at a little bit down the line. Honestly, at this point, I don't think I'd recommend the GTS version of the chip if their anything (But we only really have the advertisements to go on with that, so I'd assume that the cheaper chips they offer simply don't put as much strain on things). Also, still on mid-grade but I'll probably try going through the numbers on premium next time I fill up and see if the octane ratings do it better.

Also, this all WITHOUT an XLR but I'm going to assume, since there's multiple other brands of that same thing that those are, at least, a safer bet.
    Last edited by Tenletters; 10-11-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    PLP likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Update:

The Pending Code and stuttering are all gone. I have the GTS set to 4 so I think I finally found the sweet spot.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    I'm glad you got your issues straightened out a bit. How does it feel set to 4?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I took it down to 3 just to see how that was but I think 4 is the best bet. Also, the stuttering isn't gone but I wholly think that's just because of the sensors this thing is plugged into. If anything, the stuttering is still very minimal.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Did it stutter on 3?
    You should just buy a new sensor. They're pretty cheap.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Kinda. I may just look into getting a new MAP sensor down the line like you said. Regardless, I think I've found that 3/4 is the sweet spot for the Forte. I really want to test it out with the XLR as well since I feel like the XLR alone would've sufficed with the Forte.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    So the Racechip S would probably be enough since it only goes up to 5? At least in your opinion?
    Have you gotten a chance to do any testing with premium fuel?

I want you to try the XLR too! lol. I've really been on the fence with both of those products but since I couldn't make any decisions I bought a rear torsion bar instead. Once I save up a bit more I'm sure I'll be back to looking at these.

Also, another throttle tuner that you may not have looked at is the Injen X-Pedal Pro. They're about $100 less than the XLR and do the same thing. The XLR just has cooler interface.
    https://injen.com/i-30498646-injen-x...%7Cyear%3D2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors