how much PSI forte turbo engine could handle ?
Close
Login to Your Account
Kia Forte Turbo Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on how much PSI forte turbo engine could handle ? within the Kia Forte Turbo Performance forums, part of the Kia Forte Turbo Garage category; Hi guys im new and this is my first post and this is my situation. i recently changed my boost gauge beucase the light died ...

Thread: how much PSI forte turbo engine could handle ?

Member #
    Member #

Hi guys im new and this is my first post and this is my situation.

i recently changed my boost gauge beucase the light died and i bought a pro sport boost gauge my old boost gauge was a turbosmart and it always mark 22PSI Hold (4th Gear ) now my new gauge mark 25PSI Hold at the same time i have obdlink with torque pro app and it says 20PSI Hold my car is good i dont have any issues i just want to know if this engine could handle 25 PSI before damage the engine or i have bad luck with my new boost gauge and it comes ruined..

Current mods
    3.0 Custom Exhaust
    Downpipe
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    Intercooler Resonator Delete Pipe
    HKS M45XL Spark Plug

PLP
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    331 times
    Is it tuned?

And it would be good to know what year you are talking about...

Mine, both 2015 and 2016, had pretty much same pressure - peak of 18 psi, steady 15-16. That was in a stock car.
    With tune - it would hold about 22 psi with peaks of 25 psi.

After about 15k miles on the tune with 45XL sparks and KN intake on 93 octane (US), it was going just as strong as the first day. No signs of any problems. Tune was put at about 11k miles and stayed till 26k.

How much could it hold? The first models not much. After 2015 internals were improved and it could take more.
    What was done in 2017+... I am not sure. Turbine was changed for sure for a smaller one.

If you are talking about stock internals, I would not push more than 25 psi with good cooling (but not overcooling) and decent oil.
    Last edited by PLP; 08-23-2019 at 06:02 AM.
    Drives:
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T ("cheap GTI" - surprises many drivers) - SOLD...
    2014 FIAT 500e (my first EV - awesome toy!!)
    2015 AUDI Q5 (for wife...)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats (for wife)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richiek3 View Post
    Hi guys im new and this is my first post and this is my situation.

i recently changed my boost gauge beucase the light died and i bought a pro sport boost gauge my old boost gauge was a turbosmart and it always mark 22PSI Hold (4th Gear ) now my new gauge mark 25PSI Hold at the same time i have obdlink with torque pro app and it says 20PSI Hold my car is good i dont have any issues i just want to know if this engine could handle 25 PSI before damage the engine or i have bad luck with my new boost gauge and it comes ruined..

Current mods
    3.0 Custom Exhaust
    Downpipe
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    Intercooler Resonator Delete Pipe
    HKS M45XL Spark Plug
    What are you using for the boost source for your gauge? That seems high.
    I have however read that a catless downpipe can increase boost. I guess thats a possibility.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ForteTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    The car is 2015 forte5 we check the boost gauge installation and it was bad not in the correct spot after that i made some pulls and it holds 21 PSI peaks 23.6 read by obdlink and have the same numbers with the gauge i recently buy the new spark plugs “HKS M45XL”

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    I'm pretty sure there are other driving around with 25 psi on these motors but that is quite a bit above what the ecu is commanding in stock form.
    Your downpipe might be letting it boost a little higher but I wouldn't expect it to be that high.

Also the people running 25 psi are almost certainly tuned. So their a/f ratio and timing have probably been tweaked so that they can do so safely.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Remove Ads

Sponsors